ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracked leather seats

Golf R soon...
The leather seats in my 182 are really badly cracked, is there anyway of removing these cracks by anychance?

Daz

ST
Not really mate tho you can treat the leather thats not cracked with various products to stop further cracking...

What mileage has your car done??

VRS
thats a lot of wear for those miles

your best bet it 2 use some leather treatment to try and tidy them up, it should soften the leather and prevent further cracking as well

ST
Leather thats not treated can/will wear very quickly, i dont use my car that often so its not really an issue for me.
Tho people who do a lot of motorway will find their interior wearing a bit quicker due to the constant use of the seat i guess.

When getting in and out some people dont lift their legs over the bolsters on the outside of the seat which will cause more wear due to the constant 'rubbing' especially with denims on.

Golf R soon...
The pics :eek:

DSC01001.gif

DSC01002.gif

DSC01003.gif

DSC01004.gif

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
They are not cracked Daz !

Thats how leather looks when it been sat on a few time, get some leather dressing on them, soften them up and keep them supple.

Leather looks better with age anyway.

ST
Matey thats fine, theres nothing wrong there at all...

Just get some sort of leather care products on there and it'll be fine..

Golf R soon...
Seen other peoples with the same mileage and it doesn't look as bad as that :dapprove:

What products would you recommend?

106 GTi
None of the above products will mess up your clothes either!

Saddle soap is ideal for real leather but not as effective on the cheapo coated stuff in Clios.