ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracked Windscreen

Blue Clio 182
I was doing about 60 in a 60 limit and a stone flew up and cracked my windscreen, it's right in eyes view and i find myself staring at it when i'm driving!! what do i do about getting a new un??

al

ST on the way...
Ring your insurance company up and tell them you need a new windscreen, it'll cost you £50/60 (your windscreen excess) but it won't affect your NCB (double check when you ring them tho)

If it's repairable they will repair it, which is usually free.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If its a proper crack and not a chip it will need replacing . Plus if its in your line of vision its an MOT fail .

Lee

BMW M2C
I had mine replaced last week. I think that's my third in two years. Cost me £50 XS on my insurance.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'd get it changed asap , if another stone hits it it could crack right across . As said , get on the blower to your insurance company , its only usually about £50 - £60 excess .

clio 1.2 16v
is the crack bigger than i pound coin?

coz if it is they will have to replace it

coz i work for the rac dealing wiv windscreens

172Petey

Only an MOT fail if its larger than 2cm or some think like that and inline of vision.

MK2 172
I have a chip in the very top right of the drivers side of the windscreen that is about 10mm. Its at the very top right where those black bits are at the very edge of the screen. Anybody know if this is an MOT fail as have to get it done before the start of Jan.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I have a chip in the very top right of the drivers side of the windscreen that is about 10mm. Its at the very top right where those black bits are at the very edge of the screen. Anybody know if this is an MOT fail as have to get it done before the start of Jan.

Check the diagram on the website in my previous post . I would assume that autoglass have more idea than all the MOT testers on here , lol ;)

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Make sure they refit the trim properly.

Mine wasn't and part of it flew off at high speed. Not before slapping my driver's window hard, me crapping myself and then having to leg it back for it and refit it myself.