ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crackeling speakers!!! driving me crazy!!

hi all

right!

problem: i have a clio mk2 ph1.. i have an alpine hu and a pioneer one before that. if i put the hpf to off on the head unit and turn the volume about 10 then all i get is crackeling.. first of al i thought it was the pioneer HU so i took it out and got an alpine. it made no diffference. :dapprove:

i then thought it was the tweeters so i took them out and tryed it with just the alpine door speakers! and it still does it. it even did it with the standard clio speakers.

so i can now only listen to it very quietly and with no bass or hpf. the sound is worse when i turn the steering wheel. :S

anyone else had this problem or can anyone help me figure out what the probem is

many thanks chris

this is best to do a trial and error,d/c the speakers (both) then try a friends set of speakers,if still the same,try a friends hu,if still the same then just put some wiring in the speaker terminals in the radio block then connect the new speakers then see if its ok still.

Clio Billabong 1.2
I had exactly the same problem with my speakers/tweeters.
I took it to a local audio place and they said it was something to do with the wiring in the door.
Best bet is to simply take it to your loal audio repair place and let them sort it out.
Even if it's not the wiring, they will find out exactly what it is.

I had exactly the same problem with my speakers/tweeters.
I took it to a local audio place and they said it was something to do with the wiring in the door.
Best bet is to simply take it to your loal audio repair place and let them sort it out.
Even if it's not the wiring, they will find out exactly what it is.

how much its cost u to sort it out!!!

it annoys me soooo much and ive taken the dash out and stuff and i can findout wats wrong with it

they will just charge an hourly rate,if it takes 10 mins then youll be lucky,might be up to 4 though,u never know,
test all the factors i have stated and you will sort it yourself