ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracking noise of the clutch pedal

06 Clio 1.5DCi
Hi Guys,

left my car up to the garage i got it from there the other day to look at a few things. One being the noise the clutch made (occassionally) when changing gear; well i thought they had fixed it but when driving the car home last night, again it made the noise twice.

it only happens when the clutch pedal is being pushed in and never on the way out. I can feel it in the actual pedal so dont think its anything to do with the engine. its a cracking noise - just the one crack not constant - could it just even be the actual pedal cover?

anybody have problem similar?

thanks in advance

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Hi Guys,

left my car up to the garage i got it from there the other day to look at a few things. One being the noise the clutch made (occassionally) when changing gear; well i thought they had fixed it but when driving the car home last night, again it made the noise twice.

it only happens when the clutch pedal is being pushed in and never on the way out. I can feel it in the actual pedal so dont think its anything to do with the engine. its a cracking noise - just the one crack not constant - could it just even be the actual pedal cover?

anybody have problem similar?

thanks in advance

I have exactly the same thing in my 08 Clio 1.4 and I also had the same issue with my previous Mk3 Clio. I dont know what the problem is and havent even asked Renault about it yet.

06 Clio 1.5DCi
well just got an email back from the guys who serviced the car and they said the mechanics when looking at it heard the noise once - but checked the pedal box and everything else and couldnt find the fault - i feel it might just be the pedal so ill have a look at it later!