ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crackly/fuzzy phone line when router is in

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Howdoo.

Just moved into a house, and sorted the internet out with O2 (be there)

Received a free wireless router which seems OK and was up and running in no time.

I noticed the phones in the house where analogue corless, so have replaced them with some decnt DECT ones.

Plugged in and noticed the phone line sounds really rubbish, bit like an analogue going out of range,fuzzy more than crackly really.

anyway, tried another socket and it was the same

Then I unplugged the router and the line was fine problem at all.

Plugged the rrouter back in and once it had picked up the broadband connection the line went crap again!!

I tried downloading something and then picked up the phone mid download and the download paused for around 15 seconds, then carried on (even though i was still on the call).

I have filters on the only socket in the house that has anything plugged into it.

Any ideas what might be causing it?

I have had no broadband issues. It is an up to 16mbit connection, and on tests I am getting over 12mbit

172beast

Can you not alter what frequency the cordless phones use yoth to see whether that improves things?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Dont think so yoth, they are DECT so work digitally. It was the same with the old phones too so I dont think it has anything to do with the phones.

Must be something to do with the router and phone working at the same time.

I need both internet and phone working though! hmmm will do some digging!

172 Cup
Beg/borrow/steal an old fashioned analogue phone and do a "quiet line" test.

17070 and option 2 (if memory serves me correctly)

If you can hear any noise and/or interference report it to BT BUT do not mention anything about the internet. Just say you have problems making phone calls. If you mention anything vaguely related to the internet they'll palm you off to your ISP.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Cheers Griff, will give it a go tomorrow!

The strange thing is its fine with no router plugged in, its only when the router actually connects to the net the problem occurs!

Although I have only tested quickly today! I recall listening to the old phone in the house 2 days ago before the internet was switched on and it was fuzzy then too!