ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cranking but wont start

Dave182T

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 182 turbo
Just picked my 182 up from the garage after getting a PMS shifter installed, drove home (about a 40 minute drive) everything was perfect.

Went out about 3 hours later and the car wont start, the fuel pump is priming, fuel going to the rail, getting a spark on all four plugs any ideas?

Cranks over very well, and sounds as it should just doesnt fire up. Im aware of the crank position sensor and will try cleaning that tomorrow.

Cheers.

Dave182T

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 182 turbo
Pull the fuel rail off and be bloody careful with fuel spraying everywhere.
Thought about that but thought it would be abit sketchy. There is a stong smell of petrol after a good few cranks with no leals anywhere so id imagine thats fuel being dumped out the exhaust?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Clean the crank first as you said. Then try bump starting... Is the immobiliser light going off?

Dave182T

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 182 turbo
Clean the crank first as you said. Then try bump starting... Is the immobiliser light going off?
Yeah, the immobiliser light goes out straight away. Tried the spare key just incase but no difference. Cant really bump start it as my drives on a decent incline and ive no way of getting it out haha.