ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crankshaft sensor?

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
clio 182 owner 2005 67k...
ever since yesterday my car has been really hesitant, down on power and now really juddery ! at first we thought it was missfiring but plugged it in at my my mates garage and it read crankshaft sensor fault...
does anyone know where this is and is this a common fault??
and help would be much appreciated

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Top of gear box, usually requires cutting the old one off and soldering a new loom on, as they changed the plug/connector some time through production.

Here is an example of where it is situated.

Crankshaft%20sensor.jpg

FF 182
Changed mine myself and the bit was about £7 down the local car shop. only took about 10 mins to change. I didn't have to cut any wired on my 182 (54 plate)

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
I bought a new loom and sensor and found out in the process the problem was the wire that fed the crankshaft sensor had somehow worn paper thin! Got a friend of mine to rewire it for me and it sorted all the problems I was oh so relieved! Thanks for the reply too

FF Clio 182
Common fault on Clio's you can replace it with the old model for about £10 or buy the new model Renault released, has 4 pick up points instead of just the standard one. I believe also its more watertight, as that is what use to kill the old ones.

FF Clio 182
Friend was breaking his clio, had the new sensor on it so took it and replaced the one on my car. The old style one on my car wasn't faulty but it is such a common fault I thought I would be proactive about it :)