ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed!!Front bumper cracked/ twisted, advice on getting it repaired!??

Campus sport 1.2 16V
First post on here! Not a great start!!

Sadly, I crashed my clio today. The front right side of the bumper if your stood facing the car is all cracked and twisted. Looking to get a new one fitted to sort the mess out. Wondering if anyone has done this before and the costs to have it done?! Is it possible to buy a new one offline and fit it yourself or is it best to go Ito a body shop and have it some professionally?!

Car model: Clio campus sport 1.2 16V 2-Door, Silver.

Cheers!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Buy a silver bumper off ebay (or here) and fit it yourself. It's a 2 hour job max if you've never done it before.

You'll need a flat blade screw driver to pry the plastic lugs from the top grill, a 10mm socket and an extension bar for the main bolts up in the wheel arches and T20 Torx bit for undoing the bumper from the undertray and the arch liners.

Campus sport 1.2 16V
Would it be possible to fit a 172 bumper or would I need to swap the wings too?!
Sounds simple enough..i'll give it a go!
ps: How do I upload images on here with the url option :/?

Have a look on eBay for someone breaking a Clio, or even for the bumper itself from any 2002> Clio in your colour. That would be the cheapest option.

Another option is to try a local scrap yard.

If you want 172 items, you will need the wings, bumper, possibly sideskirts (they attatch to the wings) but also you would need to widen your wheels with spacers because the 172 arches are flared so your wheels would be sat quite far in.

All the above is speaking from experience!

Campus sport 1.2 16V
To fit the 172 items, how much would it cost to do the wings and front bumper for the time being?
You said from experience, how much did it cost in total to change everything over + all the little costs when things go wrong etc??

I got the wings for £90 and the bumper was around the same from the markerplace on here. Then I needed them spraying and fitted them myself. If it's just your bumper that's damaged, I would just get that replaced - £50 tops if you find one in your colour. You can change the grille for a Renaultsport one which looks good.

Campus sport 1.2 16V
I'm struggling to find the same bumper which is why I was just considering swapping it for a 172 kit because I will probably in the future!! Is it easy to swap over all the bodykit yourself like the wings? What about widening the wheels??

It's easy if you are confident with working on your car. Just undoing bolts, replacing then refitting again. I wouldn't be messing about myself but it's up to you. With the wheels, you'll need spacers... but then we're talking lots of unnecessary work.

Campus sport 1.2 16V
Do you know how to upload pictures I have saved on my computer of the damage. When I click insert image it says enter URL? I'm not the best with computers!

Where are you in Oxfordshire dude? It's not too massive of a job if you know what you're doing, and having done it before could give you a hand.

Do you know how to upload pictures I have saved on my computer of the damage. When I click insert image it says enter URL? I'm not the best with computers!
Upload them to an image hosting website like tinypic or Photobukcket - it will then give you a URL that you can copy and paste into here.