ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed into!

My dad took my car out as his is being repaired, came back all upset at the fact a women had driven into the back of him! He got the details off her etc. Doesn't look like there's a lot of damage, its only to the rear bumper. Just lots of scratches along the bumper and a crack in one place. I had a look underneath and the white boxes have cracks in a few place, number plate light has fallen out etc. She said she has protected no claims etc if we do need to claim.

Would there be any chance I could have a 172 bumper as a replacement? The extra cost being to me? Should I just go and get some quotes and send them to her?

Cheers

Ad

MK2 FRS
Id get quotes and send to her and then take it a place you know and fork out the extra cost, as long as she doesnt wanna go through the insruance.

Thats the thing, she said that she had protected no claims, which sort of gave me the idea she didn't want to pay out herself.

Racing Blue 182
If you can get all the parts cheap it may work out better for her to pay you for th 172 bumper so long as theres no damage on her car.

You may be able to convince her

Ill try to convince her as I reckon it would save her in the long run to pay out of her pocket if she can.

Mark - Cheers chap, i've seen pics of yours and yours is a lot worse! Luckily mines just affected the bumper and doesn't really look too bad. Get yours fixed soon ;)

if she got procted ncb she wont be out of pocket, well it shouldnt else wots the point protecting them. sorry to hear bout ur crash

2002 Clio Dynamic
Find someone you know who works or knows someone in a body shop and just get them to order in a 172 bumper,sort out the repairs and just pass it through as though it was a standard bumper!! sorted