ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed Rivington

Suzuki Ignis
I crashed up on Rivington Road today,rear end went, hit the enbankment and flipped onto the passenger side.
Wont go into details, my fault, ran out of talent, to fast for that particular bend but both passenger and myself got out with minor bruises, thank God.

Coming from Horwich way, just before the barn.

Photo0108.jpg

Write off, bent sills and creased roof.

Didnt care about the car at the time, was more concerned about my passenger, so dont really know the full damage, going picking it up tomorrow, so most probably full car being broken.

No coming to meets for a while.
Drive safe to all those that go for a blat up there.

-Moz

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
unlucky mate :(

just out of interest, how old are you and how long have you been driving?

carl

Mondeo ST220
Looks nasty glad you're ok.

Although I must say for some reason when I saw the thread title I thought a Lamborghini Reventón had been crashed!

Suzuki Ignis
The rear wheel looks like it has a massive peice snapped off?!

Its mud and grass from the opposite side that caused me to spin into a tree.
Tried so hard to save it, just didnt have enough road to fix my wrong doings.

M135i
Ouch nasty.

Know the road well myself, can get a bit hairy especially when its been raining.

Good job you both okay though.

Suzuki Ignis
^Its just next to where me, you, your sister and her fella met up that night when everyone went up over Belmont Road and Jord nearly lost it.

Da

Less
Ah yeah, didn't realise that was you fella!

Knew Rivington would claim a CS casualty at some point!! :dapprove:

172 with k-tec sound
^Its just next to where me, you, your sister and her fella met up that night when everyone went up over Belmont Road and Jord nearly lost it.

sorry to hear this fella was nice meeting u that night, as long as everyone is ok mate thats the main thing

At least you're both ok mate. My dad lives near rivington, some proper twistys there. At least you both are ok.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Ouch, that looks nasty glad u and pass are ok :)

Claimed those wheels if there not f**ked:approve:

Mustang, S13, AX GT
oooft nicely done matt ;) Glad to hear you and your passenger got out ok though. If you wanna come to some meets whilst your without a motor lifts are available ;)

audi a6 3.0tdi
its a good corner when you get it right. I'm glad you and your passenger are ok though and hope everything gets sorted with the car quickly.

Suzuki Ignis
Ouch, that looks nasty glad u and pass are ok :)

Claimed those wheels if there not f**ked:approve:

Sure , going looking at the car now. Front passenger wheel suffered a bit of grazing but not to bad I dont think, refurb should sort it it. Will let you know.

oooft nicely done matt ;) Glad to hear you and your passenger got out ok though. If you wanna come to some meets whilst your without a motor lifts are available ;)

Thanks for the offer, might take you up on that on one of these thats coming up.

Damn its sad to see an RSI dead :(

If you are breaking though ill be interested

What parts are you interested in? Going picking the car up now so can get pics of bits you want.

What are you going to get to replace it?

Not sure yet. I only had 3rd party insurance, luckily I didnt hit anyone or anything so just a case of saving and starting again. Maybe a Golf.

Thanks for all the messages people :)

Suzuki Ignis
Got the car back. £250 release fee:(
Just damage to the passenger door, rear quarter and scuffed front wing(just needs a respray) Rest of the car is untouched so will be breaking it. Putting a list with prices together over the next couple of days.

Already had a couple of PM's about the wheels but not sure if Ill be getting rid of them yet, depends what I get next. Will let those know,that have messaged me, over the next couple of days.

clio_carl- Yes its Matt :)

Unlucky mate, it does get abit treturous over there during this time of year. I've had a few close calls over there myself, also had someone crash in to me as well.

320d
Glad your ok mate. The roads up there can be pretty bad. Where you up there for a blst or just going somewhere?

Unlucky dude. At least you and your bird are okay.

Top marks for admitting fault tho. Most people just invent 'mud' or 'oil' on the road.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Nvm about the wheels i just wrote my clio off last night! :( bit more dented than urs lol

Suzuki Ignis
Jesuussss proper job

glad your okay though bud :)

Aye yeah, not bad for a first time lol

Glad your ok mate. The roads up there can be pretty bad. Where you up there for a blst or just going somewhere?

We were on the way back from a funeral in Chorley. I forgot that I could go across the reservoir which I normally do, I shouldnt of even been going down this road.

Nvm about the wheels i just wrote my clio off last night! :( bit more dented than urs lol

Gutted mate, are you ok? :( Another one bites the dust! How bad is it? Chassis and engine dead? Or if you just need panels, Ill be selling soon :)

Went back up today to try and find out who helped us on the day to say thank you, as I thought it was someone from the cafe there, but they didnt know who I was on about, obviously just a really nice member of the public, nicer than some of the other cnuts who just drove round us while we were on our side.

Couple more photos
Photo0115.jpg

Swerved left to miss a bike on the right coming towards me, turned back right and the back end carried on going left towards the grass, ended up on its side where the car is in the distance.

Photo0120.jpg

Passenger sill.

Photo0118.jpg

As it stands lol