ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crazy calls from "microsoft"

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I just had a call from a blocked number claiming to be Microsoft.

Hello Sir, this is James at Microsoft Error Division, our system has detected that your computer has a virus and is sending us error messages.

I put the phone down as i was at work and didn't have time to play along.

Anyone else had these type of calls?

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
I just had a call from a blocked number claiming to be Microsoft.

I put the phone down as i was at work and didn't have time to play along.

Anyone else had these type of calls?

I had exactly the same phonecall at home, but he was claiming to be from "Windows".

Saying my PC had been sending errors etc etc etc.

I played along for a bit, asking why he didn't work for Microsoft, and why Windows.

I got the response that Microsoft make the software, Windows is a separate company and they look after it.

Brilliant stuff! Idiots.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Did a bit of googling, apparently they dial in and remove system files and then ask for money to put them back.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Did a bit of googling, apparently they dial in and remove system files and then ask for money to put them back.

LOL!

ru6tmd.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I keep on getting these at home. Normally just hang up but bit last time and decided to ask them which computer has the virus. The bloke replied, 'All of them!'. Lol, tool.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I had a call like this today as well. I played along until they tried to pass me to the technical department at which point i had to leave so hung up.

I work for Microsoft. We do not cold call customers. These are scammers that will have you open your event logs and tell you that the errors are viral. They will then have you agree to a remote session where they will mess about and 'confirm' infection. This is shortly followed by a request for payment to clean things up etc.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i got one at work, lucky i got it not the assistant manager as she would have gone along with it, i just said we have a Mac and they put the phone down straight away

Ibiza FR
I had one of these a few weeks ago.

I played along for a while, sounding shocked as he told me my computer had a file that was rapidly increasing in size and needed to be removed. When he asked me to turn my PC on to remove it, I replied, ' I don't have a PC '.

He called me an asshole and slammed the phone down!!

Inferno 182 CUP
A guy over on talk photograph had a few of these and started recording calls while he fucked them about .. was hilarious lol

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
We have an extension that is specifically for telemarketers. It has a really cheery woman telling the caller that they're held in a queue because all the other operators are busy helping other telemarketers and that their call will probably never be answered and then tells them that they can listen to terrible music while they wait.

It then plays terrible music forever.

I remember transferring one telemarketer to it....he phoned back really irate so I transferred him there again.

They have called me a few times,

I remember once they called me and said there from Microsoft and that my machine had problems etc etc and they could fix it if I gave them some information about my system and access to my pc, I knew it was a scam but thought, hmmm ill play along, this went on for a 5mins, then he said,

"Can he have access to my machine"

So i said,

"errrr that be a problem, I dont have a phone line or the internet so you wouldnt be able to gain access to it"

He then said, ok no problem and put the phone down on me.

I never laughed so hard in mylife, I was on the god dam phone to him but never clicked at what i said!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've had them before at work, which is fun. I transfer them through to one of the fax lines. Instant deafening :D

DCi
My mum got one once, she thinks she knows a little bit about computers so she went about trying to correct what they were saying to her before she would let them do anything like connect, then i think she just hung up

Audi S1
Never had a call from Microsoft. I would love to though.

Always get stupid calls from companies wishing to discuss our services and how much better they are etc... I just give them my bosses contact details :)