ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crazy Speedo.

2001 Clio Sport 16v
Heya all,

I recently had my car fixed. We found out it needed a new injector. My step dad had been fiddling about with it before I took it to the garage, around the gearbox area, and since It's come back from the garage, the speedo has been bouncing around all over the place. I'm not sure if if was the garage thats done it, or my step dad, so I didn't take it back to them. ( I think I should have.. but hey.)

Anyways, so I asked my step dad to have a look and he wasnt able to fix it.

Does anyone know what I can do about it? It's annoying because I want it fixed so I can decide whether I want to keep it or just save for a new car.

Thanks in advance.

2001 Clio Sport 16v
Ahh ok. He did say he pushed it in to make sure it hadn't been knocked out.

After driving around for a little while, It does occasionally start working, so you think it will be that what I need to buy? (Mines a 2001 Y Reg.)

My car was the same when I bought it and a new speedo sensor solved it.

I would have a look in that area under the engine first though, see if anything has come loose or unplugged.

2001 Clio Sport 16v
My car was the same when I bought it and a new speedo sensor solved it.

I would have a look in that area under the engine first though, see if anything has come loose or unplugged.

Ok, thankyou very much for your help :)

I'll speak to him later ask ask him if he's had a look under the engine ect.. and get him to double check. I've found one on ebay for £14 and I'll get that if we can't find anything.