ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creaking cup?!

Weeman sucks ****
For the past 1500 miles or so I've noticed an annoying creak that sounds like it coming from the boot/rear area of the car and haven't a clue what it is. Would knackered bushings cause this beiing 60,000 miles old?

I don't get much time to book her in because of my commute so thought someone in here might have an idea.

Everything is secrue in the boot and spare wheel recess...I'm stumped.

Any comments very welcome, cheers.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
CHRIS172CUP said:
For the past 1500 miles or so I've noticed an annoying creak that sounds like it coming from the boot/rear area of the car and haven't a clue what it is. Would knackered bushings cause this beiing 60,000 miles old?

I don't get much time to book her in because of my commute so thought someone in here might have an idea.

Everything is secrue in the boot and spare wheel recess...I'm stumped.

Any comments very welcome, cheers.

Thats one of my rattles! No idea what it is! Sounds like it's coming from around the bak/rear window/seats?!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
EVOgone said:
Me too....

Mite me my omp strut brace! ;) I'll rip everything out of it later. First i have to push it into renault...Arsehole thing broke down on me this morn...Least it won't rattle if i push it.

AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Mite me my omp strut brace! ;) I'll rip everything out of it later. First i have to push it into renault...Arsehole thing broke down on me this morn...Least it won't rattle if i push it.

mine still rattled when i had to push it to bump start it the other day, lol.

Mine seems to do something similar. I got someone to sit in the back and push on various bits of trim whilst I drove. Turned out to be the trim that goes on the inside of the hatch (covering the lock/wiper mechanisms).

Still haven't actually been able to solve it yet. Maybe some dynamant....?

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A
Greg 172 said:
Mine seems to do something similar. I got someone to sit in the back and push on various bits of trim whilst I drove. Turned out to be the trim that goes on the inside of the hatch (covering the lock/wiper mechanisms).

Still haven't actually been able to solve it yet. Maybe some dynamant....?

dynamite would solve the problem better than dynamat (sp) lol

996 Carrera
I had the same and was told at the 36k service it was an exhaust hanger that had rotted through. Check that as well.

At one point my struts were squeaking at the back as well but that disappeared of it's own accord a while back.