ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cream-Crackered Clutch?!

Flame Red 172!
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] Just wondering if there is a good way to check if your clutch is going on a 172?

Was driving to work this morning and floored it in 1st (after pulling away) and the revs went up but the car didn't really accelerate well at all...just wondering if this was the clutch slipping or maybe just the wheels spinning because I tried it again later and it accelerated fine!...Also when it did it, it didn't feel or sound like the wheels were spinning at all, just high revs, no acceleration!

Do these cars ever stop going wrong?! (don't answer that, I know the answer already!) :mad:

On a plus note, got it back from having all it's belts done, service, new shocks, etc on Friday after the garage has had it for a week, took it out this weekend and had some fantastic drives through the twisties where I live...fun, fun and more fun! :D
[/FONT]

BMW M135i
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] Just wondering if there is a good way to check if your clutch is going on a 172?[/FONT]

Same as any car, good indication is to stick in it 5th at 20/30mph and floor it. If the revs climb and the car doesn't accelerate then the clutch is slipping.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Listen to see if the road noise increases with engine noise as it would normaly. If your engine is revving more than normal on flooring it compared to road noise then its slipping. Trust me you will no when a clutch slips.