ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creeky steering column?

Covered just over 6k miles, whats the best way of tackling the creek?

Is it a case of taking the plastic cover of and a bit of WD40?

Golf GTD Mk7
my 182 does this. renault couldn't find out why. started when i hit a bump while going round a corner.

Clio 182
mine started doing this when a mechanic ripped out the steering angle censor, they fitted a new one and now it creaks....guess its just character eh?

alien green rs133
you can do whatever you want to a clio, it will always have one noise from something, im colecting rattles now :D

DCi 100
Mine does it, and knocks sometimes when manovuering in car park/out the driveway etc. Not sure if creeking and knocking it different problem?

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Mine does it, and knocks sometimes when manovuering in car park/out the driveway etc. Not sure if creeking and knocking it different problem?

Same here mate.

Not overly worried as it still handles sick !

Anyone got any ideas ?

*182 btw*

Renault Clio S
Isn't this a problem that effects just about every Clio since the MK1s, where the creaking is caused by material in the steering column expanding?

320d
My 1.2 used to creek like mad. My GF's Mums Clio dci does it too.

Suprisingly the 172 doesn't. At the minute anyway.

Clio 1.2
mines just started doing this aswell this morning its annoying as f**k :(, gunna try putting some white grease on tomorrow :D