ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crikey Strewth!

Nissan 350z
Holy s**t. Are they "richer" over there then?

Its all relative. The jobs pay more, but then everything costs more so in terms of wealth its about the same. Also depends where abouts in AUS you go, it seemed popular on the West coast to bugger off to the massive strip mines for a couple of month stints then come back minted!

Paying $22 AUS for 2 pints of beer in a bar was a gutting. :(

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Tell me about it, handed over a $20 note for 2 x beers in a small brewery pub on the rocks, no change haha.

Gutted much.

pimp mobile Zafira
There was a programme on a few years ago talking about the car scene over there. It went along the lines that it's cheaper to buy things like skylines and EVOs than European cars all down to shipping.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
There was a programme on a few years ago talking about the car scene over there. It went along the lines that it's cheaper to buy things like skylines and EVOs than European cars all down to shipping.

Its NOTHING to do with shipping!

pimp mobile Zafira
^^Thats how the programme showed it. There will be other factors that shove the price up I know. Any way I thought it was either Ford or Holden and nothing else.

You don't have to go as far as Australia to see prices just look at France you can double the value of your car. If only they/we drove on the other side of the road would make a fortune.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Australia prices are gooooood!

My mate took 2 monaro's over, an M535i and a renault traffic van. Made more than I earn in a year in Net profit. Mental.

(Although he is a very shady character and it wasn't entirely all above board)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Australia prices are gooooood!

My mate took 2 monaro's over, an M535i and a renault traffic van. Made more than I earn in a year in Net profit. Mental.

(Although he is a very shady character and it wasn't entirely all above board)

In the post about benefits you said that you paid 4 * the national average wage in tax a year, (ie 100K tax or so), for which you would have to be making around 300K per year yourself in the first place (well in fact probably far more unless you have a crap accountant as you arent PAYE I assume), surely your mate didnt make 300K+ selling two monaros, an M535i and a renault traffic?

Those numbers just dont seem to add up at all?

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
In the post about benefits you said that you paid 4 * the national average wage in tax a year, (ie 100K tax or so), for which you would have to be making around 300K per year yourself in the first place (well in fact probably far more unless you have a crap accountant as you arent PAYE I assume), surely your mate didnt make 300K+ selling two monaros, an M535i and a renault traffic?

Those numbers just dont seem to add up at all?

He didnt mention that the boots of all the cars were filled with Cocaine ;)

Cokes sooooooo expensive in Aus as just big country with tight borders etc etc ... $200+ a gram.

Hope that explains ;)