ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise control has stopped workin

renault clio mk3 1.2
my cruise control has stopped working! I have a 2012 clio mk3 with a 1.2,the cruise control has stopped working.although whats strange is that the speed limiter is working correctly.a mate told me a battery can be the case,but the light of the cruise control is popping up and its says cruise control on the dash.any help?

RenaultSport 182FF
This will more than likely be the brake pedal switch, which deactivates cruise and also illuminates the brake lights when pressed. They are a common fault on most Clio’s but luckily can be swapped out in a couple of minutes for less than £10.

It could also be that the brake pedal switch has just popped out of it bracket (twist fitment) it’s quite easy to kick them out.
Have you noticed if the brake lights are on without the pedal being pressed?

renault clio mk3 1.2
This will more than likely be the brake pedal switch, which deactivates cruise and also illuminates the brake lights when pressed. They are a common fault on most Clio’s but luckily can be swapped out in a couple of minutes for less than £10.

It could also be that the brake pedal switch has just popped out of it bracket (twist fitment) it’s quite easy to kick them out.
Have you noticed if the brake lights are on without the pedal being pressed?
It isnt the switch I figured it out, if I put the clutch high with my feet it will engage cc. But when I remove my feet it will disengage,bet it something with the clutch position sensor but any ideas are welcomed,btw the clutch pedal is a lil bit wobbly like I told only if I try to put my feet up the clutch will go

RenaultSport 182FF
Yes that equally likely, sorry I forgot to mention the clutch, it operates is the same way as the brake switch, it may even be the same part but can’t remember, but if you are replacing one you might aswell do both.

when you first start the car does cruise pop up? And if so what happens when you tap the brake and what happens when you tap the clutch? You will need to turn the car off and on again to test this theory.

renault clio mk3 1.2
Yes that equally likely, sorry I forgot to mention the clutch, it operates is the same way as the brake switch, it may even be the same part but can’t remember, but if you are replacing one you might aswell do both.

when you first start the car does cruise pop up? And if so what happens when you tap the brake and what happens when you tap the clutch? You will need to turn the car off and on again to test this theory.
I solved it!! The problem was that the clutch position sensor was a lil bit out of place, took it to a renautl mechanic and he just righted the nut there and it was fixed,cheers to everyone!