ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise-control on 182

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1

Dont use it often but tried it the other morning on the way to work on the M27 and it kept on switching off after about 10secs. The switch jad popped back to the central position which seemed to cancel it. I dont use it often like I said so is the switch meant to stay in position? if it is then a new switch is needed I guess otherwise its a fault with the cruise control system itself prob. Any ideas?

BMW M3

Hi breeze. Yeh, i think when you select either cruise-control or speed-limiter it does return to the central position and the appropiate dash light appears. I think its only the ESP swicth returns back to its position.

BMW M3

What i meant to say was it stays in its selected position and its only the ESP switch the returns back. I think i need some sleep.

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1

Cheers Justin. Glad u posted that correction I was thinking it was me going mad trying to understand ur first post! Its deffo going back to the dealers on Monday now. lol

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I played with mine tonight on the way home.. First time, thought id best try it on a long dead motorway ;) Great fun... but i had to keep turning it off as its not run in yet, and needed to keep adjusting my speed.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Common problem ... loads of people have had to had new cruise control switches on 182s.

Ford Fiesta

you dont need a new switch and you certainly dont need to go near a renault dealer if you dont want to.try a search. Mine started turning itself off a few week back, I have a brand new spare switch here, they are £20 from renault. But you can fix it yourself take the switch off and pull the metal pin out slightly and it will be sorted.Please read my thread here-: http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=119243&SearchPagePosition=3&search=liam182&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Author&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=SearchThread here

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 05 June 2005

I played with mine tonight on the way home.. First time, thought id best try it on a long dead motorway ;) Great fun... but i had to keep turning it off as its not run in yet, and needed to keep adjusting my speed.
you can adjust the speed whilst in cruise control with the steering wheel buttons. if you need a fast change in speed floor it and the cruise control will switch off. press the resume button to switch it back on again when youve done.

Eh? You dont need to floor it to cancel cruise. Touch either the brake or clutch to cancel it, or of course press the cancel button. Mind you I think its a killer because it disengages the clutch, gearbox and brakes...not:p

By the way, pressing the accelerator pedal doesnt cancel cruise. It merely overides it while the pedal is pressed. Once you lift off, the cruise resumes and lets the car slow to to its original programmed speed.

Cruise - cancelled by brake, clutch or cancel button. Resumed by resume button if cancelled. Continues to programmed speed after accelerator is released, if no cancel has taken place.

Limiter - cancelled by mashing the pedal to the floor.

All clear now? :)