ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise control on a RS 172 or a dCi (DIY)

Clio 2 1.4 16v
Hey guys,

I desperately need help, because my cruise isn't working after install :( . Its a 2003 1.4 16v privilege. Wiring for the cruise control was all there so I bought everything needed. Squib for cruise,steering wheel buttons, cut the airbag for the buttons and the panel for cruise and limiter switch. And the clutch switch is bridged. Everything is installed correctly and it just doesn't work. Both CC and SL. Do I need CLIP to switch it on? Both in the ecu and the cluster? Please help :(

Attachments

• IMG_20220628_205034.jpg
    IMG_20220628_205034.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20220628_202635.jpg
    IMG_20220628_202635.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 45

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
need to switch on in the ECU using clip if that ECU supports cruise. Not totally sure the 1.4 does but happy to be proved wrong. the 1.6 does support

Clio 3
Hey guys! I am looking for some help with the CC activation. My car is Clio 3, 2006, 1.5 dCi.

I have installed all wires from the ECU to the CC Switch, made my own buttons (+/-/r/0) with the respective resistors. The car is equipped with the clutch switch.

I have bought RenoLink v1.99(from China) in order to activate the CC/SL, and I am sure all buttons/switches work perfectly fine as there is Diagnostics screen in the software, where the values of the respective buttons/switches are changing when pressing them.

Here is a short video I made when testing those:

Also, I have managed to turn on the lamp on the dash and the message on the display for the CC/SL. However, the CC/SL are not working, I cannot set a speed or anything.

I have seen videos and read some forums stating that the CC/SL can be activated from the ECU(Injection)->Cruise Control/ Speed Limiter screen, however there is no such option in mine.
Here is an example of someone that has that option:

Other's have recommended to "reset" the ECU and leave the CC switch, however I am not feeling confident in doing that. I am open to buying a better toll (Clip or something else), if it will work.

I am assuming that tool is just a clone and not capable of doing the job. However, did anyone manage to activate it with such Chinese Renolink v1.99? Or can someone recommend to me a different tool that will do the job?

Clio 3
You're trying to set speeds when driving yeah? As I don't think it'll work below 20 iirc

Hey Louis,

Thanks for the reply! 🙏

Yes, I have tried to set up the speed when driving (also when stationary), however no luck. I think the minimum speed is 30 km/h.
Here is a better picture of the "Cruise Control/Speed Limiter Frame" from the tool that I have. (I think "CC_TS_Target_Speed" is that speed.)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nXjWGXBfVCN6g8wj8 👈

And if someone is interested in the rest of the screens/data visible in the software, here are some pictures:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9KXteeKLzZRcwSbj6 👈