ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise control problem

Hi,

I recently bought a clio 182. After studying the manual I tried to operate my cruise control/speed limited and frustratingly I can't get it to work. At 70mph in either mode I get the screen that says "SET__" but it doesn't register any further inputs as if the controls on the wheel don't work. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Matt

E46 320D Tourer!
Have a search on here mate. Plenty of threads/guides. The switch itself might need some adjusting. Could also be the brake pedal switch. Might even be a cracked abs ring.

Although I had similar recently and was quickly fixed by following a guide on here to 'repair' the switch.

Hi,

I recently bought a clio 182. After studying the manual I tried to operate my cruise control/speed limited and frustratingly I can't get it to work. At 70mph in either mode I get the screen that says "SET__" but it doesn't register any further inputs as if the controls on the wheel don't work. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Matt

Hi matt welcome to the forum,

On the right hand side of the steering wheel down near the key input area there is a little panel where you turn the esp off and theres a rocker switch down there , you have to push it up (for cruise control) or down (speed limiter) to get it to work , once you select it there you need to use the rocker switch on the steering wheel to select a speed so when your travelling at say 30mph push the rocker arm on the left of the steering wheel up and it will go to what ever speed and cruise , or limit depends on selection .

The rocker arm on the right of the steering wheel, R & O , r is return , so press that and it will go back to the speed preset , and o is off so it wil turn it off, you can also trun it off by pressing the brake or clutch at any time !!
Hope this helps
Dean