ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise Control Query

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
I've had my Clio 182 for about 3 weeks now and I'm really enjoying it. I've never had cruise control on a car before and enjoy messing with this on motorways and dual carriageways.

When I set the cruise control the speedo needle does not sit at the same speed, e.g. I have to set the cruise control to 68mph so that the speedo needle sits on 70mph.

Do I have a problem here or is this something I need to get used to?

Cheers!

b/g 182, meg tourer
mine is the same. think its normal for the speedo to be slightly out mate.
think your cruise control will be accurate

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
yeah its cause the speedo on cars is always out. the cruise control will be the correct speed.

BMW M135i
Cruise is somewhat different to the speedo but it isn't the correct speed. 72 on the cruise gives 75 on the speedo and 70 gps verified.

/damn beaten!

Renaultsport Clio 182
why does the cruise control only go up to 123mph when the car will go faster than that?

This was tested on a private road ........obviously ;)

why does the cruise control only go up to 123mph when the car will go faster than that?

This was tested on a private road ........obviously ;)

I wondered that too.

Had to manually take over from the cruise control in Germany recently... what use is 123mph to anyone? lol

Pretty damn accurate, as long as you're in the open (no buildings or trees) and travelling along a relatively flat road, not a steep hill.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
When mine works...70 on the speedo is 65 on cruise read out and 66 on GPS according to my Pioneer HU

R

Rachel Anne

I've had my Clio 182 for about 3 weeks now and I'm really enjoying it. I've never had cruise control on a car before and enjoy messing with this on motorways and dual carriageways.

When I set the cruise control the speedo needle does not sit at the same speed, e.g. I have to set the cruise control to 68mph so that the speedo needle sits on 70mph.

Do I have a problem here or is this something I need to get used to?

Cheers!

Wouldn't worry too much! mine does the same! dont think your alone!

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Haha the 123 mph bit made me laugh i've never been that speed in mine. I barely hit 70. Cough cough

every car in the uk apart from calibrated ones (police) show 2 miles an hour fast..... might be a safety feature so that if you think your doing 35 in a 30 your actually doing 33 but every car does it!!!

Black-Gold 182
My old man has one of them Snooper GPS "safety camera" detectors. He has it set so it displays his speed all the time. Sometimes if he looses the signal, it displays zero on his speedo, and then suddenly regain the signal and the speed "jumps". I think the highest he's had it jump to was 320mph! In a Ford Focus TDCi! I was amazed! Lol!