ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise control / speed limiter fault

Clio 182 Trophy
I've searched for this but wondered if anyone can help suggest any other possible avenues to check.

The cruise control used to work sometimes but not others. Now it doesn't want to work at all.

The dash switch stays in position no problem, the green light on the dash appears but the steering wheel buttons no longer do anything.

Plugged the car into a reader at KTEC and they said there are no faults - brake and clutch pedal switches are working fine.

Do the steering wheel buttons fail? Any other sensors to try and replace?

Clio 182
I had this problem too - the brake switch on my car was working fine (ie. the brake lights came on when applying the brakes and went off when you took your foot off of the pedal) but I fixed it by adjusting the brake switch to give slightly more travel and it came back to life. I can only assume that the brake was 'cancelling' it so that the buttons on the wheel appeared to not be doing anything. If you haven't tried physically adjusting the switch, might be worth a go since it takes 30 secs and no tools!

Don't ask me why the ecu thought that the switch 'on' whilst the lights were off, it's the same switch... :S