ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise Control Stopped Working

Black Ph2 172
Hi all,

I was driving along last night and went to switch cruise control on - the 'set speed display' came up but when I tried to set a speed via the steering wheel controls nothing happened + the green cruise control light does not come on anymore. Strangely the speed limiter still works fine.

Anybody got any ideas as to what could have gone wrong/ ways to remedy?

Many thanks in advance,

Andy

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
This happens to mine when I have my lights on it works fine when they're off but the speed limiter remains unaffected.

Possible solutions it may be that the switch gets warm because there is a small lamp in there and the cable may not mate correctly.

or

you've changed you rear light clusters to FK euro style ones and it may affect the current needed but I think that is a long shot as after a few hours on the motorway on sunday night I pushed the switch the wrong way and then my cruise control worked for about an hour before it stopped working so I'd go with the first solution.