ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Photographers Map

Ian

Focus TDCi
Just thought it might be helpful to compile a map of the whereabouts of regular posters in this section; maybe get a few people meeting up/ test lenses etc. All information has been taken from either here or Flickr and no postcodes have been used, just towns and cities.

There are quite a few noteable exceptions (Dunganick, Revels, Adele, Lee etc.), which is down to people not knowing where they live. ;)

>> Link to map <<

If anyone has any objections, needs to correct information or would like to be added to the map, just give me a shout.

G'night.

Oil Burner
You can put me down as Sevenoaks (kent) and Nick Dungan

Good effort Ian, this might well come in handy!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Adding all names now, hope nobody is trying to sneak on to the map without being into photography lol. I'll leave it for everyone to judge.

Is it worth me putting whether people use Canon/Nikon/etc or is that just one more thing to go wrong?

Cupra
Is it feasible to open it for everybody to edit? We could add our flickr links and gear list if wanted? Otherwise you have a lot of homework to do!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Is it feasible to open it for everybody to edit? We could add our flickr links and gear list if wanted? Otherwise you have a lot of homework to do!

I think it is yeah - there's an option under collaborate to let anyone edit the map, but I'm not sure how open that leaves the map to 'misuse' shall we say!

Flickr links are a good idea actually, might add them before too many people are added.

Cupra
If the map stays in this section, chances are that nobody else will stumble across it....

You can always reverse it if it looks like it will get out of hand.

riad would want you to add him, Riad (Team)Ariane, Salford

using nikon D40 atm but looking at upgrade asap

edit, he's on there naith u thick CNUT

Ian

Focus TDCi
Add me. I have a whole island to myself! :approve:

You can live in Newport then lol. :)

[noob]How do you add yourself?[/noob]

Search for where you live (by town unless you want people knowing your postcode.. not advised!), then right click, add a placemark, enter your information.

If everyone could keep to the same format as well that'd be good (CS name in title, real name and Flickr link in description).

Partner's Astra SRi
Search for where you live (by town unless you want people knowing your postcode.. not advised!), then right click, add a placemark, enter your information.

Either I'm completey blind or it's not there but when I right click I don't get an add placemark option.

Megane Mk4
Added myself. I've listed myself as Grantham as I spend more time there at the g/f's than at home :eek:

Ian

Focus TDCi
Right everyone should be pretty much up to date, at least in terms of Flickr links. I've added instructions to the left hand side for anyone that wishes to add themselves to the map.

I imagine this will sink to the depths of page 2 before long and I don't think this should be added as a sticky as there's enough already as it is, especially for people using small screens; but it might be worth adding a link at the end of some of the stickied guides perhaps?

I'm hoping this will come in useful for people wishing to meet to improve, or for inspiration; as well as for maybe trying out other people's lenses; also, for anybody looking for somebody to take photos in their area.

If Admin want to tidy up this thread so the information is clear to see then feel free.

Drop me a PM if you notice anything wrong or are struggling for whatever reason.

Mk2 Golf gti
would you be able to delete my flickr link as thats my old account, though i deleted it :s, thanks.