ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS stickers == trouble

Got my first interior cs sticker a couple of weeks back and chucked it on my back window and noticed that ppl started to tailgate me every now and then - usually bmws or saxos. Got used to them doing that after a while. Now Ive got the large CS sticker on my window and Im sure that its making people want to race me?

Had people slowing down then speeding up to get right on my arse end, no attempts to over take, just bein a real mailto:tw@t">tw@t. Dont they realise Ive only got a tin can engine? Why try to race me if theyve got like 2 litre engines and stuff. If I get the tax disc holder I think Ill have to add a roll cage or something, just to make me feel safer. Might get lorries plowing into the rear end wanting a drag race or somethin

Octavia VRS

haha maybe the pow shouldnt get a sticker when I finally sign up and become a fully fledged member!

172, Tiguan

Its naughty to have numbers showing in the UK. Ive taken them off now. The big stickers will require more than 3 seconds to pull off so i cant be bothered doing it for now.

there is no law which states that a car must not have an numbers on show whilst on the road

look at the new minis, a certain cooper model is being sold with them as an option on the doors (cant remember which one)

the only thing that may get you in trouble is if you stack it, and the police can then claim you were racing

hope this clears it up

H22A7 Accord Type R

i get it all the time, always some tit wanting to arse about, i aint interested you nob jockeys!! Had a guy in a passat up my arse in a 40, wound me up so i lost him on some nice bends, then slowed down for the straight only for him to pass me and call me a w**ker............obviously im a w**ker coz i have the ability to drive round bends and not in a straight line...............some ppl!!

172, Tiguan

well its better to be safer than sorry so I thought id cross them out.

Once got a severe bollocking by the clerk of the course at Donnington for going out at lunch in the car with numbers still on it to the local Sainsburys (along with plenty of other competitors)

So thought as I was driving 800 plus miles around France and the UK with them on id cross them out.

you have to have them crosed out by law, just a line through them anywhere would b ok, its something to do with all police cars having numbers on, i think?

leon cupra R

Right - went to the g/fs straight after work, on the way home tonite there was hardly any cars on the road so im there at the traffic lights waiting for them to change when i notice a focus pull up behind me, i take no notice as it was abit foggy so im just concentrating on the road ahead anyways lights change and i pull off go round the bend and all i heard was something race up my arse so i look in the mirrow and its the Family focus pmsl he sat up my arse and THEN HE WOULD BACK OFF THEN RACE UP MY ARSE AGAIN,wot a tw*t, at the end off the day wot was the point in trying to tempt me into racing him??????

1 - the weather conditions wer bad foggyand wet

2nd i would off wiped the floor with the mouron

mailto:w@nker">w@nker

dont know if it was the CS sticker in the rear window that tempted him or the fact that my car was modded and he thought it was probably a 1.2:p

500bhp Scoob

stupid that, theres a mini up the road from me plate reads R66 GUY and has the number 66 in a circle on each side on the doors.

Got 2 fat bits of black insulation tape across each door.

hi guys i dont think its down to the sticker,

some tw*t motorists think because their car is "bigger " (in overall size) they must have more of a road presence or they think their car is quicker !!

makes you laugh really!

i notice it now i have a clio 172 - i get it all the time - they think you car is slow !

I took my big sticker off coz I was sick and tried of the links to other car forums where they were sl*gging each other off.... :sick:

Mazda MX5 1.8

i think people believe its a "clio sport" rather than renault sport....... just like those people who think some 172s are williams! lol

havent noticed anyone doing it to me tho and i got a big sticker

Was at york dragway at the weekend and it was suprising how many kiddies in 1.1 saxos or similar tried to race with the numbers on my windows... thing was i was in a racing mood and country lanes are what the RT does best (hardly a straight line missile is it?)

[Edited by stonesie on 30 September 2004 at 8:07pm]

I was under the impression that numbers on a car were to signify that you were taking part in some form of motorsport event, and are therefore covered under the event insurance. i.e. before the official start of the Wales Rally GB the competitors car are not allowed to travel on public roads with their numbers on unless crossed out. Once past the start line the numbers signify you are in the competition, and once the event is over the numbers must either be taken off or crossed out.