ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF16 - Friday July 1st - Convoy thread.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
This year's Cliosport festival tickets have just gone on sale so thought it would be appropriate to sort out a convoy up for it.
Tickets, track times and all info can be found at http://www.cliosportfestival.net/ Gates are opening at 5:30pm on the Friday evening and close at 9:30pm.

Plan is to meet at 1pm leaving at 1:30pm to give stragglers a chance to arrive.
Roadchef Motorway Service Area, Magor NP26 3YL for sat nav users.

https://goo.gl/maps/4uKM7twD9Nk Link of the route up to make life a little easier for everyone.

If you're popping along get your name down below....

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
If I can free the weekend up I will join you on the convoy buddy :)

The car is coming together now and is in the final stages. It shouldn't be too much longer before it's ready for running in, mapping and shakedown! All the bits are pretty much in place so... :)

Guess I could come along in the land yacht.
If anybody wants to give me a spare engine to haul up in the boot for them, speak now or forever hold your peace :tongueout:

Don't envy you kids (keep off my lawn! Yar!) doing that drive in Clios though. Passat ftw.

Last edited:

Bug

Megane rs250
I'm game for this but have to let you know in March time as I'm planning a trip to the daytona nascar or texas motorspeedway
Although I may wait till next year instead I'm undecided so in due time I'll let you know

Suzuki Jimny
I've started a job with a shift pattern and this is in the middle of my 7 days on :(
Hopefully next year!

Bug

Megane rs250
@Filters I decided on a clio refresh went with all new suspension along with a new mot passed before I had the suspension renew so could have left that a bit longer...
Had a bit of a drive down to Swansea last Sunday and the engine started tapping very loud.. nursed it home and by the time I got back it was normal again and was today when I took it down the shop, so need to sort this service out asap now

Bug

Megane rs250
@Filters Yeah mate so should be good for it, hopefully get my bumper repaired and painted before it and the car will be looking tidy enough.
But I got so much to save for this year it's just beyond, I'm thinking get the car out the way should be good for a year or two

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
@Filters Yeah mate so should be good for it, hopefully get my bumper repaired and painted before it and the car will be looking tidy enough.
But I got so much to save for this year it's just beyond, I'm thinking get the car out the way should be good for a year or two

Front or rear bumper mate? I've a few spares kicking about.

I should be coming. Not sure if I'll be tracking though.
Caddy too lardy and slow and the wife won't want me ragging the s3 around the track [emoji14]

Caddy will make a great tent thought [emoji41] If I go Jaff or Andy are welcome to passenger ride with me if your cars aren't ready.

If the Audi is sold by cs then I may track it's replacement. Depends what we buy.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The cups near enough ready now :blush: just need to solve this small misfire and potentially rebuild the gearbox. Track/rally build defo won't be done before then. If you're not tracking anything, you're welcome to a few passenger laps and as you know, I may welll need an extra driver.......

I need some new tyres too 😅😂

LY 182 T
ill be up for this if i can get the time off work, got a couple of weeks off in june for the euros but ill be cheeky enough to ask :)