ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSS 2015.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Yep there's showers and toilets and whatnot, RDR said track day sign in and briefing was 9:30am, i'm not sure if there's another one for the afternoon session, I can't be arsed to spend most of Saturday morning driving up there and setting tents up and sh*t, going up Friday evening means I can wake up Saturday and just relax, plus we can get on the beer at lunch time and never look back.

There's an afternoon sign on/safety briefing as well mate :up:

Phase 2 Clio 172
I'm up for a convoy if you wanted to meet at a service station around Peterborough? Related note: slightly concerned about my ticket, does it arrive through the post or am I supposed to have an eticket? I paid through paypal which showed my address on screen but there wasn't really much in the way of confirmation...

Phase 2 Clio 172
Alright then thanks. Never quite trust it when sites take my address automatically from paypal. Not having to type my address in manually is unnerving!

I can meet you at Peterborough services on the A1(M) if you'd like (and anyone else wishing to join us). I'm going alone so it'd be cool to rock up with someone else.

Phase 1 Clio 172
I spoke to club at Trax on Sunday and they said posting later this wk.
Everyone posts tickets at last minute these days n I don't like :-(
Let's see if there's a convoy already planned n go from there...

Phase 2 Clio 172
Aye gig tickets and Grand Prix tickets can arrive insanely last minute too. I'm a worrier I'm afraid.
I'll keep an eye here for any more convoy talk then.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I'm going up Saturday morning, wouldn't mind convoying. I haven't looked at a route yet but I'm presuming it's easiest to go up the A1

Phase 1 Clio 172
Ok looks like we're getting somewhere, so TheRuttinChain, 172_Tom, Euan94 & me that's 4 provisionally at Peterborough services Saturday morning.
We'll sort time etc during the week and see if anyone else.

mk1 Octavia VRS
Yep Google Maps is suggesting going up the A1.

I'm aiming to get to Peterborough Services at about 8:30, have a maccy ds breakfast and leave about 8:45. It's then about an hour and a half to Blyton - so should get there around 10:15 all being well. Does that sound OK to you guys?

Google maps link for the services here:
https://goo.gl/maps/zR9HT

@TheRuttinChain have you got your info pack and wristband now? Mine arrived on Saturday.

Phase 1 Clio 172
B honest I was gonna aim to get up there half 9.30 - 9.45 so had plenty time to set tent n empty crap outa car to prepare for track time, that means bein gone from Peterborough 8 at latest.
If nobody else wants to leave that early then that's fine wi me, we're hardly going that far.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mate who I'm coming with is off on the Friday and I'm working.
So I'll mainly be sleeping throughout the whole 5 hour journey!

Phase 1 Clio 172
Got my pack and wristband yeah :smile:
I'd rather meet at 8.30 and have a breakfast to be honest. I'll have just finished 6 12 hour shifts in a row the day before so I'll take all the sleep I can get!
Ok that's no prob, see what @172_Tom , @Euan94 want to do. I think I need to b up there earlier but we'll meet up there anyway ok.
To b honest I'm a little disappointed there seems to b no 'organised' convoy, tho I suppose now somebody will say there is
:-(

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Either time would suit me to be honest, I'll probably just go with the majority group, however small that may be!

I think there are less convoys this year as a few people are going up on Friday and there are generally less from this region going.

mk1 Octavia VRS
@V6Dan - I saw in the main thread you're going to CSS - if you're going on Saturday do you want to convoy?

@texastornado I'll try and get to P'boro services a bit early. You should have plenty of time to get sorted before the afternoon track session though.
There must be some people from Kent/Essex that will be going up the A1 as well, but there isn't a thread in the south east section.

Clio with a body kit
@172_Tom I'll be travelling from spalding that morning. Heading to Peterborough would be going backwards for me but I could try and time it so I catch you somewhere on the a1 as I can't imagine you'd want to stop at every services to pick someone up! I could join at colsterworth according to iPhone maps.

Phase 1 Clio 172
@172_Tom I'll be travelling from spalding that morning. Heading to Peterborough would be going backwards for me but I could try and time it so I catch you somewhere on the a1 as I can't imagine you'd want to stop at every services to pick someone up! I could join at colsterworth according to iPhone maps.
If we leave Peterborough at 8 that would put us at Colsterworth half 8, does that sound ok @V6Dan and @172_Tom ?
Honestly if u not wantin to leave this early u can always get together a bit later :)

mk1 Octavia VRS
Sorry @texastornado I think that'll be too early for me and my passenger ( @shaun442k )

If we leave p'boro services at 8:45 we'll be going past Colsterworth about 9:10 - if other people don't mind we could meet you at the Esso that is on that junction? Blyton is then about an hour from Colsterworth so should be there by 10:15.

Let's go with 2 lists:
Early list - P'boro services 8:00. Arrive at Blyton ~9:30
1. texastornado

Slightly later list - breakfast at p'boro services 8:30-8:45. Arrive at Blyton ~10:15
1. 172_Tom + shaun442k
2. TheRuttinChain

@TheRuttinChain - added you to the later list as you said a slightly later departute + breakfast suits you better
@Euan94 @V6Dan - let us know which group/time you'd prefer
Looking forward to this now - my first CSS and it sounds like it'll be a great weekend. :cool:

Phase 1 Clio 172
Sorry @texastornado I think that'll be too early for me and my passenger ( @shaun442k )

If we leave p'boro services at 8:45 we'll be going past Colsterworth about 9:10 - if other people don't mind we could meet you at the Esso that is on that junction? Blyton is then about an hour from Colsterworth so should be there by 10:15.

Let's go with 2 lists:
Early list - P'boro services 8:00. Arrive at Blyton ~9:30
1. texastornado

Slightly later list - breakfast at p'boro services 8:30-8:45. Arrive at Blyton ~10:15
1. 172_Tom + shaun442k
2. TheRuttinChain

@TheRuttinChain - added you to the later list as you said a slightly later departute + breakfast suits you better
@Euan94 @V6Dan - let us know which group/time you'd prefer
Looking forward to this now - my first CSS and it sounds like it'll be a great weekend. :cool:
@172_Tom Good idea mate, c wot people wanna do...
I went CS14 on the Saturday but knew no one, was some REALLY nice cars tho.
Think stopping sat nite good chance to get to know a few :up:

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I think the slightly later convoy is probably my best option.

One question. Would people be alright stopping at the morrisonns petrol station in Gainsborough on the way in? I could do with filling up before the afternoon track time.

Phase 2 Clio 172
Yeah confirm I'm up for the later time. Now I just need to find a hand car wash open after 6pm tomorrow evening in my small town... Or you know, do it myself 😧
Can't really turn up to CSS in a mud splattered 172...
One question. Would people be alright stopping at the morrisonns petrol station in Gainsborough on the way in? I could do with filling up before the afternoon track time.
I'm fine with this, as long as there are people in front of me otherwise I will fly past the exit. Sense of direction, not my strong suit.

mk1 Octavia VRS
I don't mind stopping for fuel in Gainsborough. Be tempted to dash in and buy some ice to keep my beers cool!

@V6Dan what's your plan?

mk1 Octavia VRS
OK cool :) do you want us to hop off the A1 to the Esso at Colsterworth then? Think it'll be tricky to try and catch up on route otherwise!

@TheRuttinChain don't worry I haven't had time to get mine as clean as I'd like it, headlights are especially bad! I'll take my sat nav and am happy to lead the convoy.

If I get to p'boro services first tomorrow I'll just go in and get breakfast. My car is a black ph2 172 on OZ F1s by the way :)

Clio with a body kit
I'll be at colsterworth services at 9 waiting. If you pull in it would be appreciated and probably easier than cruising up the a1 at 30! I can pm you my number if you like. I'll be in a silver vee. @172_Tom

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
You guys would probably find it easier to meet at the travelodge side of the services rather than at the ESSO, purely for space and ease of parking.