ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup 07 LOOKING GOOD

Leon Cupra R 225
I'll tell you what that is, a p**n video!

Saw them at Brands, must say I'm real impressed, looked awesome in the paddock

Glacier White 197 Cup
Really stupid question. With a sequential gearbox do u use a clutch? (Cos on the video i wouldn't have thought he would have time to put his foot on the clutch, change gear, and then take his foot off again in such a short space of time- or does he just do this very very quickly)?

Or is a sequential made so no clutch is needed?

Renaultsport Clio 197
What mods do they have to get 0-100km in 4secs?

"A high-performance version of the Renault Clio has been caught testing in the south of France by a Belgian magazine. Renault’s test driver Simon Jean-Joseph was also spotted with the car, which is likely to be called the R3. Three different versions are likely to be released, with each model progressively gaining more power and performance accessories. The range will consist of an entry level R3 Access, followed by the R3 Premium and R3 Maxi.
The cars will be based on the Clio rally car, with the R3 Access designed in accordance with the group N rally standards. Options include a roll cage, Bilstein shock absorbers and a Sadev six-speed sequential gearbox. The next model up receives an improved roll cage, specific drive-shafts and Öhlins shock absorbers as well as more power to boot. The top end Maxi model gets bigger brakes and a 230bhp motor and will rival the Super 1600 rally car.
Ideal for privateer rallying teams, the new cars will costs roughly a third to buy and run than the current Super 1600. Renault is expected to announce its plans for the new R3 models during the Rally du Va at the end of the month. Thanks to Jim for sending us the pics."

Clio Cup
no clutch... flat shifting... cuts the iginition. u have to clutch going down or it wrecks the clutch :)

Great vid, looks rapido, and what a sound!

Could get a little tiresome on the motorway, but I would be tempted to rip out every bit of sound-deadening!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
LOL the new cup is really easy to handle but it slower than the previous generation clio cup car by about 1/2 second a lap.....!!!!!

All the drivers are really close (good for racing) as the car is very easy to drive and get the max from it. 0.4 across the top 12 cars in testing.

Turbos.
What mods do they have to get 0-100km in 4secs?

"A high-performance version of the Renault Clio has been caught testing in the south of France by a Belgian magazine. Renault’s test driver Simon Jean-Joseph was also spotted with the car, which is likely to be called the R3. Three different versions are likely to be released, with each model progressively gaining more power and performance accessories. The range will consist of an entry level R3 Access, followed by the R3 Premium and R3 Maxi.
The cars will be based on the Clio rally car, with the R3 Access designed in accordance with the group N rally standards. Options include a roll cage, Bilstein shock absorbers and a Sadev six-speed sequential gearbox. The next model up receives an improved roll cage, specific drive-shafts and Öhlins shock absorbers as well as more power to boot. The top end Maxi model gets bigger brakes and a 230bhp motor and will rival the Super 1600 rally car.
Ideal for privateer rallying teams, the new cars will costs roughly a third to buy and run than the current Super 1600. Renault is expected to announce its plans for the new R3 models during the Rally du Va at the end of the month. Thanks to Jim for sending us the pics."

That is not the Cup car though...

Anyway, the acceleration figure is for the shortest gear set.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I must admit, if I could afford my own little track monsta - I would be looking at the Clios first.

They seem a great mix of cost, performance and above all - fun.

D.