ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CUP EXTRA’S

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN WE CAN GET HOLD OF SOME NICE EXTRAS FOR OUR CUPS

I LOVE MY CUP BUT WOULD BE INTERESTED IN UPGRADING THE PADS ETC, BUT NOT INVALIDATING MY WARRANTY!!!

WHEN DOES IT COME ON CAM IM FINDING IT HARD TO TELL?

looking at the front brakes they are the same as my Vreg 1.6 16v Megane Coupe and i had grooved discs and green stuff pads on the front.

Cam on mine comes in around 5000 rpm

i spoke to the people on the renault stand at the motorshow and as yet there seem to be no details but they took my details and should send me the info as soon as its available

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

ok mateys cup extras are as follows:

6 point roll cage

10 point roll cage

carbon metalic pads

fire ext

racing belts

from your dealer (from cup brochure 06/2002)

full race seats

S2000

Tom,

I think hes talking about the other extras, ie. engine mods, exhaust mods etc, being produced by R-Sports!

Teady m8, have you any details on if they are ACTUALLY producing these parts - or are going to ... ie, engine - exhaust etc ?. I would be interested to know..

and Abbs_172.. the engine is identical to its big brother - 172.. ( :D )..

as for coming on cam.... how hard are you actually revving it at the mo ?... it really picks up from 4800-6700... and should be pretty noticable.

S2000

Cap,

I emailed R-Sports a few months ago. They confirmed that they were developing kits for the Cup, however they were still waiting for approval.

Nice one Teady.. !!

I look forward to their offerings. there is so much anecdotal crap talked about what will and wont be forthcoming.. bloody nice one on the email !.

will look forward to their offerings dood.

Em thanks Guys I guess you all bray your Clios I have been running my little baby in, and Im sure shell be better for it!

Yeah about 4 -6 000 rpm sounds right, it really picks up there and hums!

On this point the modifications by R-Sport have (apparently) already been produced but they have to obviously be fitted and tested on a Cup to make sure that the warranty is not invalidated. Should be interesting what they come up with as there have been absolutely NO details released so far!

Bet they are fecking expensive too! :(

As the cup becomes more broken in so to speak the cam change is actually less pronounced than it was when I first bought it - novelty is wearing of - more noticable in 3rd and 4th rather than booting it in 1st/2nd - I usually bypass 1st now and if Im really lazy ill start in 3rd from traffic lights (easily done Ive found)!!!!