ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup interior

172 cup
is it just me or do all 172cup interiors rattle...?
can anyone tell me how to take the speaker out on the dash and the light dimmer panal to the right of steering wheel gonna blue-tac it down :S

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Mate you'll be chasing your tail with the rattles if you have a bad one....i have a right merry little rattle band in my car. It used to drive me insane, especially in the winter as everything is cold so it contracts.

Wait till the summer mate, it should get better!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Yeah i'd agree with you on that! Other than the rattles and knocks they are a complete blast.
I only really get annoyed with mine when i've had a crap day or im not in a rag it mood, and even then i just turn the music up.

172 cup
ha ha yeah thats about right to matey its only cause i,ve not had the music on i,ve noticed it and the weather maybe.
just dont wanna make them worse by taking them out incorrect

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
To be honest the speakers only come out from the underside of the dash, but the little grill covers will twist off if that helps.

The light dimmer panels will prob pop out with persuasion.

172 cup
got some clear silicone in the shed aswell oh yeah...be getting in through the windows by the time im done :)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Nothing wrong with a bit of Dukes Of Hazard car entry....with the windows open mind you.

On the subject of rattles you may find the rear quarter panel cards vibrate where the speakers are. Or its just in my car. Annoying, as you turn the music up to drown out the rattles only for them to get louder!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Yeah my mates Cup is the same. No rattles. Then again i strongly believe that the 2003 cars were better bolted together than the 2002 ones!

172 cup
there wont be a single rattle on this one by monday either..well i hope lol its all a very loose fit

See My Clio? Tell Me
mine never rattled at all when i bought it. but between the sub and induction kit(drilled air box - not my doing so dunt laught) it drives me insane now especailly the electric sunroof

Mine didn't rattle at all for the first week of owning it and was feeling smug that i'd bought a special one! Now i've got a couple of persistent creakes in the dash, which get worse at low revs in 4th gear. I find a quick whack with the palm of my hand usually cures it.............for 30 secs!

172 cup
your right if i wanted comfort i would of bought a germen motor so as its french and half the weight best have some fun hey!!
its a bit damp out but in the mood for a right good blast now..a wack with the hand ha ha i like it mate

MCS R56
Passenger seat rattles the most. Asked Renault to fix it and of course, they could find the fault. Ehhh, the seat is loose you muppets. Dash seems to rattle when cold outside but not so much in summer. A bit of expansion I think.

Leon Cupra 300
mine rattles and squeeks, have one really annoying one that comes from the speedo bit.. i just t**t it and it goes away for a few weeks lol