ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Issues

Please i need your help

I have had so many problems with my cup, its all to do with tracking. The front end feels so loose and not very responsive when driving. In a stupid way it feels like the front tyres are loose even though there fine.

Once i hit some top speeds, the car is all over the place, it feels like the tyres will fall off, it can be very scary. Renault have tracked the car several times, and i have even gone to independent garages with all the laser equipment. I have done it all, i have posted on here so many times, renult say the car is fine but it isnt. The steering wheel also feels loose, and does not repsond the way i want it to. A typical example would be driving on a motorway at around a tonne, then following a long left hand bend i have to correct the steering so many times if i dont i would go straight into the crash barrier.

I know the cup has torque steer etc, i have also put on 4 new tyres so the grip should be good. I want to contact Renault uk any advice would help please. I have had the cup for a year and gone to the local dealer over 15 times regarding this problem, i am very very pissed off, it can be stressful to the point you want to blow the bloody car up. The front end feels really loose. I have done everyting in my power to sort it out, even the steering wheel hangs to the left. When braking on smooth roads the front end is all over the place. I also get knocking noises from the suspension, i have told my dealer about the atkis report so they can sort it out, even the dealers are sick of me taking my car back to them all the time. The service manager told me to sell the car because he feels that i am being to paranoid (w**ker)

Do you lot know what numbers to ring at renault uk, please please help me.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Make them give you a test drive in another cup and see if that feels the same. If not then theres obviously something wrong with your car. Have you had it from new?

ps whats the atkis report??

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

You need to drive another to compare...

That way youll know for sure what the differences are and can get someone from the garage to do the same!

Nissan R35 GT-R

Might sound silly but have you checked ALL of your tyre pressures?

My offside rear was badly deflated (around 10 PSI in there!) and when I went round a left-hand bend at a speed I knew the car was easily capable of, the back-end would break loose, but just as you would go to correct it, the car would then understeer.

I was about to book the car in, when my dad noticed the tyre was looking a bit flat. Drives like a dream now.

Ray187,

Sorry to hear you are having problems but unfortunatly you are not alone when it comes to the underdeveloped cup.

Firstly, do not count on Renault UK being any form of help at all, they are not interested in you unless you are looking to buy another Renault.......They ignore phone calls and you very rarely get to speak to the same person twice.

Secondly, Have you bought the car using finance? if so, report the problem to the finance company and say that you are not happy with THEIR car. They will then have to get an independent inspection carried out.

Thirdly, Get some proper legal advice, it pays in the long run. Get a solicitor to write a letter, shouldnt cost to much to start with and might get them (renault) listening.

Good luck and stick with it, dont let them get away with anything.

Dirty frog leg eating, garlic smelling wine swilling french pon5es. (im not bitter!)

Jason

Cheers lads for the help

Jason i have got the car on finance, i just spoke to renault u.k, they told me to take the car to another dealer. I also just spoke to renault finance who said i have to put everything in writing, all the dates the car has gone in etc. What kind of problems did you have with your cup.

Ray,

The main problem that bothered me was the suspension rattle when cornering, Renault really have no idea how to fix it. They say its top suspension mounts but cannot fix it..........if they cannot fix it then how do they know its safe????

I wish that id had percivered (sp?) with taking Renault to court over it but i was very busy opening a new company at the time. I think if someone was to take the time and get Renault in court, Renault wouldnt stand a chance. There are hundreds of cars that need recalling and a fix found for good.

good luck

Jason

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by jaycup on 06 October 2003

Ray,

The main problem that bothered me was the suspension rattle when cornering, Renault really have no idea how to fix it. They say its top suspension mounts but cannot fix it..........if they cannot fix it then how do they know its safe????

I wish that id had percivered (sp?) with taking Renault to court over it but i was very busy opening a new company at the time. I think if someone was to take the time and get Renault in court, Renault wouldnt stand a chance. There are hundreds of cars that need recalling and a fix found for good.

good luck

Jason
Mines goes in for this on the 16th. I was getting concerned as the rattle was getting worse, then suddenly stopped following a loud bang. Its back as usual now so I had the service manager take it out for a drive. They reckon its the suspension top strut mounts or so they say. They claim to have ordered the parts ready for when the car goes in.

Its a very off putting problem and certainly doest inspire confidence when cornering. Im not even convinced the front end is doing what it should do. Of late its been pulling around a a fair bit, which it didnt before and the power steering feels a lot heavier.

Only 10 days to go, so Ill see what they have to say then.

My Cup had the same problem with the steering feeling loose.

Mine was due to a problem with the PAS belt auto tensioner. They said it was loose and causing the belt to slip. Had it replaced and a new belt. Was fine for a while then the same again. Had my Cup for 6 months and it went in over 10 times and still had it when it was written off.

I am so glad it was written off. The car was ok but the smallest fault took the dealer so long to fix and everytime it went in came out with more faults.

I did complain to Renault UK regarding the service from the dealer and they could not give 2 f**ks.

I dont regret having a non Renault, as it is far better in every way.

Ray, i havent got a cup but i have similar knocking noises on the front suspension it has been in for the AKTIS Report and that hasnt fixed it, it has also been in and had the whole strut arm and strut mounts replaced and yet that has still not fixed it. I have had the car 7 months it has been in over 7 times, i have now rejected the car last week and a renault Uk person is coming out on saturday to drive the car to make a decision there and then as to what to do, what that means i have no idea as i have asked them for a new car or refund will let you know what happens.

Volvo S60 T5

Just a suggestion about the way you car feels on the road, has anyone swopped the tyres front to rear to see if this makes any difference, for some strange reason this seems to cure a lot of steering/tracking related problems.

And yes the knock is really annoying my 172 does it, I have had it on my ramp and checked everything to find that everything seems perfectly servicable, I have also checked for this fault on Actis and found that there is no current fix as of yet.
Im gona try new front strut mounts in a week or two.

When I finally find out how to sort this I will post it on the forum for all of you to read

Volvo S60 T5

The knocking I get on mine only happens when turning left hard, it happens more so on rough roads but its not a safety issue but more annoying than anything else, the knocking noise is a dull clonk. But im not to fussed but I will sort it as it wont cost me anything, If I had to pay for it I would leave it.

thank you for all the advice.

I just posted another topic today, for some strange reason the steering hangs to the left but i feel the wheels pulling to the right.

Ive got a 02 cup that knocks, sounds like from the front right suspension, its at the dealer now, they reckon its the top engine mount loose? Also bangs when I accelerate hard. Will post a mess when I get the car back, but I aint gonna hold my breath, as my original problem is back!! :mad: