ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

????Cup or not????

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Thats not a cup since its monaco/has half leather and xenons/doesnt have cup spoiler

Lee

BMW M2C
172 Cups were only in silver or more commonly Mondial Blue. That's obviously a monaco blue 172.

Cups had turinis and a different spoiler, along with a small black splitter on the front bumper. They also came with cloth seats and no aircon, though Climate Control was an option towards the end of the run. The Cup also came with standard lights, not xenons.

Westy. MX5
Excellent! :D I get the idea now of what to look for. Is there a database of "Cup" VIN no's available ?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Cup

cup1206008.jpg

172 CUP
A 172 Cup's VIN number will start like - vf1cb1ndf
A normal 172 VIN number will be like - vf1cb1n0f

Westy. MX5
A 172 Cup's VIN number will start like - vf1cb1ndf
A normal 172 VIN number will be like - vf1cb1n0f

Thanks Kizza, that must be the definitive test of a CUP.

Also having seen another 2002 model, the front lip spoiler is missing but it does have the turinis, dig. a/c, and cloth seats?

S4 Avant
Also having seen another 2002 model, the front lip spoiler is missing but it does have the turinis, dig. a/c, and cloth seats?

That's common. Unfortunatly women are alowed to drive these days, and have very little awareness when it comes to front bumpers and curbs.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Thanks Kizza, that must be the definitive test of a CUP.

Ac was 2003 onwards afaik.....

Iceberg 172
Hardly any Cups still have the front splitter unfortunately! Everyone i've seen on the road hasn't got one.

I wish you could get a normal 172 in mondial blue :(

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Mine has!

Mondial is special, hense would not be seen dead on a 'normal' 172

;)