ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Racer Box Rebuild

182 cup
I hear that the Sadev box needs to rebuilt quite often but was wonderng how often the 'boxes on the Clio race cars are rebuilt?

Every race?

Lionel Richie
na not even that, strip down 2-3 times a year if that

SWR are the main boys in the uk, but uber expensive from memory, some of my customers do them themselves (not that hard infact) or use a company near silverstone

182 cup
Cheers Fred thats what i wanted to hear!

After watching them at OP on sunday, it got me and my bro thinking about getting a cup racer as a track weapon

Lionel Richie
and that was doing a full season, if its a track car you'll need to change the oil and that's about it, maybe strip it in the winter

182 cup
i know its the wrong section but how much would a set of slicks cost and how long do they last??

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Mike, that'd be immense. How much can you pick up a mk2 CR nowadays? There were a couple of the old palmersport ones for sale a while back but general consensus was that they'd had a hard life.

Bit of an old thread this, but not worth making another one for what I need to know...
How much are the SADEV sequential boxes? I presume it's the STDSA one?

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
ph1 driveshafts (don't know if they differ from ph2's), not sure about leaver and linkage

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
If there standard phase 1 shafts then its not one from a cup racer as you have to use the sadev shafts due to the sadev LSD they use.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
i tried! :(

felt part of the CS racing gang for 5 minutes at least....