ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Temperature Guage

What does your temperature guage read when driving about.

Mine is between 1/2 and 3/4.

Is this normal or high?

/y0z

none of ours ever go up as far as 3/4 - at least not when I drive them - maybe its the method of driving that is causing the "rise" !!!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 25 February 2004
What does your temperature guage read when driving about.

Mine is between 1/2 and 3/4.

Is this normal or high?
Mine hovers around the 1/2 way mark... never goes higher!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Same as everyone else, just hovers around the half way mark once warmed up.

Mine take a while to get to a fraction over 1/2 and can spend a lot of time just under 1/2 - influences seem to tbe the cold weather and if I am using the heater - as well as how hard I am driving or how much time Im sitting in traffic.....

On at least 3-4 occasions it has got a bit wavy if you know what I mean..

Mine used to do the wavy thing but only on long motorway journeys.

When the car had the strut mount mode the problem went away. I can only assume it was a dodgy connection which was put back after the work was completed or they just noticed it by chance( I never mentioned it to the garage), it has not done it since in 10000 miles.

VW Potato

like most of the others here, just a tiny fraction above half way. Not even in boiling hot traffic has it ever risen beyond that point. I doubt thats because the engine temp doesnt rise, probably more the way the gauge is calibrated maybe - if it was rising up, although harmless, it might alarm you. This might be a codswallop theory, but Im intrigued that it never ever goes above that point even in summer traffic.

g

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

there is about 10c between normal running temp and when the fan cuts in but i do agree its weird how once the engine has warmed up the gauge never moves.strange but every 172 ive seen has been the same.