ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup too harsh

Does anyone find the hard ride of the cup too harsh on uneven roads.

Ive just got one and am enjoying it but find it very skitish when the road is anything but smooth..

I do drive an ex race car on the same roads in the summer so its not just that im soft.

may be Ill just get used to it!!!!

You sure its on the standard setup? Youd normally experience what youre talking about from linear lowering springs such as Pi and Apex.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

The ride will be firm, but its not that bad... Ive had much worse...

If the car is noticably lower and/or the springs are coloured (not black) then its probably been lowered.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

I personally think my cup drives like a rolls royce compared to my old 16v lol, but then the 16v was on avos.

As Rich-D says, in terms of new car, its firm but no way uncomfortable.

Just come from a 328i BMW with m tec suspention quite stiff on it won.

I also have an ex race Ginetta with adjustable coil overs

Ill have a look under the clio tomorrow doesnt seem lowered though

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

ive had to replace a rear strutt on a two year old cup, spat its fluid out everywhere!! :cry:

Remapped derv Golf

Ive heard the 182 Cups (and cup pack) ride is harder than the 172 Cup. Although the rubber improves the bumps.

Any ideas?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

The 182 Cup carries more weight, so will be a little better over bumps anyway...

Just had a good fiddle with the car and it seems that the offs side shock is solid compared with the near side. Which makes sense because it alway seems more unstable on hard left hand bends.
Now are the dampers covered on warranty?

[Edited by Samol on 2/17/2005 8:20:26 PM]

Clio 197

Hi Samol...

Just to confirm what everyone else says, which is the "cup" isnt too harsh.

Ive had both cupped and uncupped 182s (sadly not 172), and Ive just come from an Orange 225 boat...

Im not very technical, but do have a look at your current setup like the guys said.

VaVa

Depends what the roads are like where you live I guess. The roads where I live are shocking and my 172 feels crashy and skittish due to all the pot holes etc.