ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup top mount rattle recall

Has anyone taken their cup/172 back to Renault for the suspension noise??? i noticed in previous threads others were experiencing the same noise, just wondering if renault have a recall number or at least know about the problem.

yeah I have taken mine back twice but the noise is still there . Whats yours like? Mine sounds like the sound of a twanging ruler when I go round bumpy bends. Its bloody annoying! with all the other rattles in the car i have kind of got used to it now. I do love my car but its built like a mechano set. thats french cars for ya!

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

This knocking is currently under investigation by Renault Technical.

At this time there is no solution or recall notice.

I will post details when I know what the cause / cure is.

Watch this space.

Bob RTE (Renault technician)

Yeah Andy thats it a twanging ruler!!! mine happens when i turn in and the roads surface upsets the suspension and it starts "twanging".

Thanks Bob RTE i wait for the outcome

Hi everyone i was just looking to see if there was a subject on this forum about this problem and am happy to see there is, i have just bought a clio cup and noticed this banging/squeeking/rattling noise from the drivers top strut mount so i pulledthe strut out to see if i could fix it or see where it is comming from but could not find anything there but noticed wear on the hole where the strut goes in to the car it can be seen if you screw the cap off the top of the strut seems to be on the bulkhead side of the car i find the knocking when i am braking hard and turning right over rough parts on the road which seems to be pushing the strut back (bulkhead side) and the cap is wearing the hole out of shape wondering is it doing on all 172s other than the cup was thinking because the springs is different maybe this is cuasing it some how

I remember talking to reno about this knocking in November and they said "well its meant to be a raw & more involving drivers car". At that point i had to restrain myself from slapping the reno monkey to death.

Hope somthing can be done as it feels like the suspension & wheels are gona fall off soon.

LY R27

Hi All,

My Cup went in to renault yesterday for various problems, mainly the bloody noise from the driver side spring (I am not very technical). Anyway when I retured they had fixed all the problems except the suspension noise as they said its a ongoing problem with the cups. (because they have a different suspension setup than the normal 172s) anyway they are dure for a recall within the next 2 months. Service guy was quite helpful and even had a special reference no. form renault relating to the problem. (I think he said the cup needed a rubber stopper near the prings to stop the knocking)

At least somethings been sorted. :)

Clio 200 FF

hmm my 172 creaks badly when on full lock (doing u-turn at slow speeds), the dealer had a look and said "well it only does it on full lock not all the time"???????? yeah but its doing it and it shouldnt :mad: