ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Tracking

Ive had the tracking done on my cup and it now pulls to the left, (Felt fine before) been back to the garage and got them to check it and apparently its correct but it still doesnt feel right. Anybody got any ideas?

Planky, I had that on My Si.

I took it to the garage, they said that it was sometimes solved by swapping the wheels around. I laughed at them. They said well do it for free. I said fine. The problem was solved. I went a tad red.

Try swapping the wheels around.

/y0z

Swapping wheels round is definately worth a try, done it a few times myself on other cars.

As for the tracking:- Did you get it done at Reno as the cup tracking is not the same as the 172 and any old garage would prob use the 172 settings thinking it was the same.

Cheers for the advice, Got the bloke in the garage to swap the wheels round and it pulls to the other side now, he reckons one of me new contis dodgy, so hes ordered me another one. I’ll see if that makes a difference.

Think he did set the tracking up for a 172, but checked with the local Renault dealer and they said it should have a 10 degree toe-out but they normally set ‘em up parallel, which the bloke in the tyre place seemed quite happy with.

Thats odd - mine pulls slightly to the left as well (tracking has been checked and is fine).

I think Ill try swapping the wheels as well tomorrow..

BMW X5, Exige 260.

What are the Cup tracking settings anyone?

I wouldnt trust quickfit etc. to get it right unless expressly told what settings to dial in.

Try this site. You have to got through the steps inorder to access the site for tracking specs for all cars on the Visualiner wheel alignment system. goto

http://www.jbeg.net//products/Product_Directory.asp?GID=Softwarehttp://www.jbeg.net//products/Product_Directory.asp?GID=Software

Then click on the link "Visit NetSpecs" to take you to the NetSpecs site.

Next click on the "View Specifications online" and click on "Northern European"

This will give you a list of manufacturers from where you can select the specs for your car. You may need to get your chasis number to get the exact specs. Hope this helps.

Renault had two goes at doing mine, first time over compensated and it pulled to the opposite side. When I went back to complain they said sorry hadnt had time to test it (had it all day mind you) and that they didnt have a RR to test it on. Erm RR thats a new one on me.

Anyway my new cup pulls to the left, going in on the 19th, I will withhold my judgement till then.