ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup v’s ferrari race - pic

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

I actually had a go with a ferrari the other day (honest) I was quite chuffed cause I managed to keep up (because of traffic getting in his way) but over a ton the ferrari made it look like I was stationary. It was a bright yellow 360 soft top with a private plate, looked like ADOIS or something. You should have heard it though, after hed changed down 2 gears cause I was still keeping up (just) it really came on the power and sounded like an F1 car. Every time he started getting away from me he would have to slow down for a car or a bend. I went airbourne at one point and the ferrari (going quicker than me) just stuck to the road. He even gave me a wave once we hit the residential area (slowed down to legal speeds)and let me cruise along the side on the sturbridge ring road. I think he wanted to see what the hell I was in cause he probably doesnt get many clios trying to keep up.

Quote: Originally posted by mo-- on 30 April 2003

if i had Philips 200+ Cup i reckon i would have been close around the corners.
Please tell me youre joking! A 360 would make a V6 look like it was stood still. With the F1 gearbox it will 100mph in 8.8sec

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Carlouk on 30 April 2003

Please tell me youre joking! A 360 would make a V6 look like it was stood still. With the F1 gearbox it will 100mph in 8.8sec
depends whos driving the ferrari......I could have been that maureen bint of drivers from hell

Quote: Originally posted by Chad on 30 April 2003

depends whos driving the ferrari......I could have been that maureen bint of drivers from hell
i

Quote: Originally posted by Chad on 30 April 2003

Lol that would be a crime

Ive driven both the 360 modena (hard top) and 360 spider (soft top) blindingly fast! You can throw them into corners adn they just stick, unbelievable grip and the noise is just awesome, especially under bridges and tunnels. Quality car

who has a 200bhp cup?

the heads already been gasflowed etc so couldnt improve that mi dont think?

maybe a chip will give 8bhp

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Who wants to come to the next Knockhill trackday £50 p/person driving, 2 hours on the track.

When is it, I might be.

Quote: Originally posted by 172man on 30 April 2003

who has a 200bhp cup?

philip on hear has a cup @ 200bhp so ive heard

Quote: Originally posted by 172man on 30 April 2003

who has a 200bhp cup?

Philip on here has a 200 cup so ive heard, could be wrong.

it could be your summer holiday though, lots of good roads around here with no police cameras waiting around the corner.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

you know. i live in edinburgh and I have never once been to knockhill .. is this a crime ?

I have wanted to go loadsa times to see the touring cars and superbikes.. just never got round to it..

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Id heard they were clamping down up there cause of motorcycle deaths in the summer

Non Non Non me good mates:

Philip doesnt have a 200hp cup - yet - youve misread some recent posts on best drivers car under £15k and somebody was making a case for the butt -ugly CTR and how amazing it was. I said that I was implementing mods to my cup that should see me to 200 or so for less than £15k. Given that I bought the car for £10.7k, that is an easy target.

My "phase 1" work includes exhaust (done), BMC (next week), ported Head (as soon as K-tec get it, matter of a couple of weeks), and Unichip end May. With a bit of luck, that will get me 190hp or so, for a total of about £1.5k or a total £12.2k car. That leaves enough ££ for TBs and still the right side of £15k (just)

Voila..

Its not hard to beat a ferrari on track, compared to many cars people take on track its fat and heavy. Ive never driven a 360 but the 355 was one of the most disappointing cars (relative) ive ever driven, a Lotus Esprit blows it out of the water. You only have to go to your local circuit on a sunday to witness the giant killings around a lot of corners.

-Rob

KDF you should come along to the next one, its such a laugh beating all the Cooper s, and wishing the straight was longer to catch the lotuss.

Chad, isee no change in the amount of police activity, but there are so many back roads that are empty you should come up for the next regional meeting .

Quote: Originally posted by philip on 30 April 2003

My "phase 1" work includes exhaust (done), BMC (next week), ported Head (as soon as K-tec get it, matter of a couple of weeks), and Unichip end May

Sorry but what is BMC??

towser, go to vitesport.com they organise track days at knockhill, which are not on the knockhill events calender as they are privately run. It would be good to have a load of clios racing around.

Thanks for that Mo Unfortunately the next one at Knockhill is 13th of June when I will be away sunning my a**e on holiday! Otherwise would prob have gone for it.