ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Windscreen

A slow one :-(
Hi All,

A stone jumped up and hit the windscreen on my cup this morning. It has chipped and has started to crack (albeit less than a cm long) so I'm guessing that as it has cracked it needs replacing.

Any ideas how much these buggers cost?

Turbos.
Do Cups have their own thinner windscreen then or is it just the side glass?

Your insurance policy should cover a replacement. It will probably be £50/£60 of excess payout though.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
The cup windscreens are the same.

The ONLY difference is that they do not have the heat reflective coating (same as some of the old Dynamiques and lower spec models)

pre 2001 clios didnt have them in soem cases, thsi is what you may seem to think its "thinner".

When you ring for your replacement ask the the screen without the Heat Reflection as they give you a choice.

As mentioned £50-60 for excess on insurance if your covered, but most companies are now bringing this up to £75 especially around renewal time.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If you can cover it with a 5p piece, you should be alright, if not they'll need to replace it. You're talking circa £50/£60 dependant on insurer. The windscreen is thinner, and has a green tint, rather than purple (IIRC) of the comfort glass on 172ffs. I was asked this when I chipped my windscreen.

Hope that helps.
Donny

A slow one :-(
Cheers guys, going through the insurance. They're going to try to repair it first which will be free. If they have to replace the thing will be my xs.