ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cusco kids teflon wax

gen 7 celica
Just got my first chance to try out the sample of teflon wax that i got from the cusco kid. I have included some pics below so everyone can see the results. I commute 5 days a week to edinburgh so will get some pics at the end of the week as well to see exactly what sort of difference it makes. It was easy to apply, a lot faster than the carnuba wax i have been using and it does make the paint work feel really smooth. On the downside it does smell a little bit like wd40 but i dont usually go around smelling my car so shouldn't be a problem :)
P1020742.jpg

P1020750.jpg

P1020741.jpg

P1020740.jpg

P1020744.jpg

Milltek'd 182
looks nice mate. be interesting to see how it holds up. might be worth a buy. did you need to use much of the spray? how many wax's do you think there are in the can? :)

gen 7 celica
I usually use carnuba wax which i rate really highly so if this stuff is even better ill be placing an order. You don't need to use much at all. Its a spray can and gives off a fine mist so i imagine it lasts for quite a while. Like i said the real test will be the muddy road works at the forth road bridge. Im hoping it will be like the shiny trousers my mum used to make me wear to school because they were made of teflon and really reppelled the water :)

106 GTi
What had been used on the car before applying the Telfon stuff?

Polished and sealed/waxed how recently before application of the new stuff?

subaru /clio 182 trophy
What had been used on the car before applying the Telfon stuff?

Polished and sealed/waxed how recently before application of the new stuff?

it does not matter what you did before its a wax with 27% teflon . if the paint is flat then you can cut it back to give a good surface then protect it with this wax it will shine like a shilling in a black pudding It cleans surfaces gives long lasting gloss impedes adhering of dirt, low friction ,hard wearing in car washes, protects against, caustics, acids , salt, uv rays etc.cleans glass inc front screen yes front screen chrome s/steel silver repels finger prints( MANUFACTURERS WORDS NOT MINE)

wee have washed a vehicle 20 times with tfr then foam cleaner (CAUSTIC) teflon still there geo

106 GTi
If the paint already has been protected with another product it will make it impossible to tell what protection and how long the Teflon stuff lasts.

Would much prefer to see it tested on a clean panel wiped down of any previous products to see what it does for looks and apperance, surface feel and durability.

subaru /clio 182 trophy
If the paint already has been protected with another product it will make it impossible to tell what protection and how long the Teflon stuff lasts.

Would much prefer to see it tested on a clean panel wiped down of any previous products to see what it does for looks and apperance, surface feel and durability.

well buy some put you hand in your pocket dont you belive other people that have used it go to scottish scoobies and see the reports clio sport dont have a monopoly on cleaning cars scoobie owners clean and detail them also sorry to be negitive but i feel its like hitting my head off a brick wall trying to get through to some of you members . how many polishes / waxes can you clean glass with and also front and rear screens without smearing regards geo

subaru /clio 182 trophy
Just got my first chance to try out the sample of teflon wax that i got from the cusco kid. I have included some pics below so everyone can see the results. I commute 5 days a week to edinburgh so will get some pics at the end of the week as well to see exactly what sort of difference it makes. It was easy to apply, a lot faster than the carnuba wax i have been using and it does make the paint work feel really smooth. On the downside it does smell a little bit like wd40 but i dont usually go around smelling my car so shouldn't be a problem :)
P1020742.jpg

P1020750.jpg

P1020741.jpg

P1020740.jpg

P1020744.jpg
ross remember to do your glass inc front screen m8 and alloy wheels regards geo

106 GTi
I dont disbelieve anyone - just asking what has been used before hand.

I could spray some overt the numerous layers of sealant and wax on my own car already and the surface will be so well prepped it will be impossible to tell what is doing what, hence the need for a freshly prepared panel.

PM me your details and I will send you cheque and try some on my daily driver on a panel wiped area if it makes you happy!

looks stunning....

But its screaming out for some silvervisions fella!!

And go easy on Rich.... he is our shine god! ;)

gen 7 celica
hey guys, really need to get round to silvervisions had them on my last car, make such a difference. I high pressure hosed the car then i washed it with meguairs shampoo the i clayed it then i put some zymol polish on it and then i applied the wax. Its not really the shine i am after i can get that with polish i want to see how well it will keep dirt off the car. I took it out last nite on our gritted roads and through numerous puddles for about 4 hours whilst out with mates. Here are some pics. Think its done pretty well. Any dirt that has splashed on the car is in the form of tiny little droplets so the wax seems to be making it difficult to stick. Couldn't quite get the roof pic because it is covered in ice, its pretty cold outside :)
P1020764.jpg

P1020765.jpg

I forgot to do the inside of the arch but it always gets covered in muck
P1020767.jpg

P1020766.jpg

just for comedy value no chance of a reflection on this roof.
P1020768.jpg

My dad is going to use it on his subaru today which he has not waxed or polished in a year and i'll try get some pictures of that up to see the difference.

172 Cup

well buy some put you hand in your pocket dont you belive other people that have used it go to scottish scoobies and see the reports clio sport dont have a monopoly on cleaning cars scoobie owners clean and detail them also sorry to be negitive but i feel its like hitting my head off a brick wall trying to get through to some of you members . how many polishes / waxes can you clean glass with and also front and rear screens without smearing regards geo

Rich does have a valid point- the product you’re selling is pretty unknown apart from "Scottish scoobies". Surely being the business man you want to be it would be wise for you to prove your product on an untreated panel/car. As this is what your main selling point is- long lasting protection? taking away any doubts of the products abilities.

Because you feel so strongly about the product your trying to make a profit from then I suggest (another wise piece of business advice) posting your product and pictures on www.detailingworld.co.uk and let some pro's and alot of other very skilled detailers have a look.

As I know if I was trying to sell a product I’d have a few more strings to my bow than "Scottish scoobies" and "buy some and try it", all of which will give you a much better professional appearance.

Your product is pretty much unknown compared to brands such as poorboys, chemical guys, megs, zymol, sonus to name a few- all of which have proven track records.

I hope im proven wrong and your not just a door step salesman.

By all means show the pics on DW but please don't try and sell or advertise the product on detailing world though :)

subaru /clio 182 trophy

Rich does have a valid point- the product you’re selling is pretty unknown apart from "Scottish scoobies". Surely being the business man you want to be it would be wise for you to prove your product on an untreated panel/car. As this is what your main selling point is- long lasting protection? taking away any doubts of the products abilities.

Because you feel so strongly about the product your trying to make a profit from then I suggest (another wise piece of business advice) posting your product and pictures on www.detailingworld.co.uk and let some pro's and alot of other very skilled detailers have a look.

As I know if I was trying to sell a product I’d have a few more strings to my bow than "Scottish scoobies" and "buy some and try it", all of which will give you a much better professional appearance.

Your product is pretty much unknown compared to brands such as poorboys, chemical guys, megs, zymol, sonus to name a few- all of which have proven track records.

I have been in motor trade for35 years i was a police fleet manager i competed in motorsport for 25 years in within that time i am no door to door sales man + this product is just on the market more than a month or so geo

subaru /clio 182 trophy

I have been in motor trade for35 years i was a police fleet manager i competed in motorsport for 25 years in within that time i am no door to door sales man + this product is just on the market more than a month or so geo

gen 7 celica
Hey guys here are some pics of my car. Since it was washed originally with the teflon wax it has been to crail and edinburgh 5 times. There are currently roadworks and the roads are filthy with red dust. When cleaning the car the other day i noticed even with just the pressure washer the dirt came off really easy. I would still reccommend the car be washed fully not just with a pressure washer but it means if you don't have much time and you just want it to look a little bit cleaner for a few more days the wax really helps. I must admit i have not tried it on the windows but i am advised that it works much like rainx. The pictures of the car are after it has been cleaned with a pressure washer and sponge a couple of days previously. It has rained today and i can tell from the beads of rain on the car that the wax is really helping to repell water. Usually the car is filthy within a couple of days so the wax must be working. I reccomend anyone who is interested try a can, there is really nothing to lose as it isn't as expensive as other car care products and doesn't damage your car in any way. If you don't find it works just don't buy it again. Any questions let me know. I applied it to my car on a cloth not directly sprayed on. It seems to bond well and doesnt take very long to do a panel.
P1000821.jpg

P1000811.jpg

P1000812.jpg

P1000816.jpg

P1000815.jpg

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Description
Interflon Wax spray is a special rapidly working, high-quality wax based on Teflon®.

Applications
The product is intended for smoothing cutting tables and sliding surfaces of machines and for cleaning and protection of new surfaces of lacquer, glass, chrome, polyester and hard stone

Wont be going near my car then. Ill stick to products that have been tested

subaru /clio 182 trophy
Description
Interflon Wax spray is a special rapidly working, high-quality wax based on Teflon®.

Applications
The product is intended for smoothing cutting tables and sliding surfaces of machines and for cleaning and protection of new surfaces of lacquer, glass, chrome, polyester and hard stone

Wont be going near my car then. Ill stick to products that have been tested

its your choice but why not show the full list of applications it can be used for m8

gen 7 celica
Applications: Acryl lacquer, car laquer and chrome brass and stainless steel surfaces, marble, natural stone, monuments tiles windows mirrors and glass also suitable for applications in garages workshops and in industry.

"A unique polish and conservation wax with teflon"

" cleans surfaces gives new gloss and impedes adhering of dirt"

Thats what is says on the back of the tin.

Cant imagine them not testing the stuff on these things before selling it. Especially not a company that is part of DUPONT

Like cusco kid says it does get good reviews on the subaru owners website. Cant imagine them using it if it damages the car.

I dont want this thread turning into a slagging match. I am just sharing my views on the product. If anyone is seriously interested they should pm cusco kid. I think people should only post their comments if they have tried this wax and want to share the experience. I dont think it is fair to make comments when there is nothing sunstantial behind it. People just want a neutral viewpoint.

Mito Sportiva 135
I didn't pay for mine as it was a tester but am sure cusco kid can tell us.

Are you and Cusco Kid pals by any chance, both hailing from Dunfermline? Just looks a bit suspect that you are so positive about the product and you both come from the same place...

Having said that, if what you have said is all true, then looks like a very promising product for those who do not have time to clean their car that often.

Cusco Kid, can your product be applied over the top of another wax? I am thinking about trying it over Collinite 476s for some uber winter protection. I can't see in principle why this wouldn't work?

looks like a good product for ease of use and to quickly wax the car but,

ive seen much better results from other waxes which appear to give more shine and reflection than the teflon wax.

sorry cusco!!

As far as I can see Interflon has nothing to do with DuPont other than the fact that they use DuPont's Teflon in a product designed for industrial saw mills and print shops!!!!

I don't know why Cusco Kid wouldn't just say "I'm selling Interflon's Wax Spray + Teflon" it'd have saved him a whole lot of grief!!!

gen 7 celica
My view is most definately neutral but i understand your viewpoint. I guess you will only know if you try some. Its is always better to see the car in person as i feel the polish can be lost in a picture. I am at crail tommorow for the meet so i will take the tin with me maybe give someone else a shot if they want a try. When i first used the wax i put it on top of ag srp however i have since been advised by cusco kid that this does not help the teflon bond. I have since used it on its own and still think it is very good and i find it really easy to apply.

My view is most definately neutral but i understand your viewpoint. I guess you will only know if you try some. Its is always better to see the car in person as i feel the polish can be lost in a picture. I am at crail tommorow for the meet so i will take the tin with me maybe give someone else a shot if they want a try. When i first used the wax i put it on top of ag srp however i have since been advised by cusco kid that this does not help the teflon bond. I have since used it on its own and still think it is very good and i find it really easy to apply.

That for me is where these products fall down, how does the Teflon 'bond'? It can only be bonded to materials under intense heat and pressure!

How do you take the material with the lowest surface friction of any substance on the planet and make it stick to something!?!?

At room temperature Teflon is a white solid. Logic would dictate that if you covered your car in Teflon it would be white?

Being the curious sod that I am I'd really like to understand how you can get a complete, transparant coating of Teflon to stick to a car by just spraying it!?!?!

subaru /clio 182 trophy
It doesn't, marketing hype, must be.

i am amazed at how many chemists there are on this site,i personly dont care how it works but it does the spray has a bonding agent to allow adhesion to paint work.YOU DONT REQ 500 degrees c to bond it to paint unless you are making a frying pan the us navy use it to stop salt sticking to radar equipment also bird s**t , so far there has been no comment about the glass cleaning qualities of the polish or the brake dust non stick qualities.r 55rdk has no conection to me or my family, he was asked to test the polish and give a fair comment to this site . he has tested over a period of a few weeks on dirty roads and likes the product. paul1 came today and i demonstrated it to him on a honda 2000 black paint work and on his glass needless to say he took a tin with him/ he was pleased with the results. any person i have demonstrated the polish to has purchased it .my own dealership merc has it,bmw, scuderia eccosse ferrari racing team, s roden motors bodywork repairers (ferrari merc lambo maserati jag bmw) high class body shop . i have it in 5 different s/drive companies the list is endless this speaks for itself, it works its cheap it lasts geo

Last edited:
  subaru /clio 182 trophy
As far as I can see Interflon has nothing to do with DuPont other than the fact that they use DuPont's Teflon in a product designed for industrial saw mills and print shops!!!!

I don't know why Cusco Kid wouldn't just say "I'm selling Interflon's Wax Spray + Teflon" it'd have saved him a whole lot of grief!!!

no you are wrong m8 it was not developed for print shops and saw mills it was designed as a car polish first then it was discovered it had many other applications. like a lot of other products have been dev/ for a certain use and was found to have other qualities.// do you like to rubbish other polishes that you have not even tried out. i have not at any point degraded any other polish on this site and never would but many of you have. this is unfair considering you havent even tried it .some of you are very cutting with your comments but i will let the product speak for its self:D

Mito Sportiva 135
How much is it Geo, and can you just confirm whether or not you can use it with other products, as I was thinking it might be useful in Winter as a top coat over a more durable wax such as Collinite. Thanks.

subaru /clio 182 trophy
How much is it Geo, and can you just confirm whether or not you can use it with other products, as I was thinking it might be useful in Winter as a top coat over a more durable wax such as Collinite. Thanks.

ITS £9 +POSTAGE A TIN. IT CAN BE USED OVER OTHER POLISHES BUT ITS OVER KILL, THE POLISH WILL LIFT PREVIOUS PRODUCT OFF THEN BOND WITH YOUR PAINT. IF YOU WANT TO BUFF YOUR PAINT WITH YOUR TYPE IT YOUR CHOICE .ON BLACK CARS WITH SWIRL MARKS WE HAVE FOUND THEY DISSAPPEAR WITHOUT BUFFING IT GIVES A VERY HIGH GLOSS AND LASTS THROUGH MANY WASHES GIVING GOOD TEFLON RETENSION I HAVE 15 PEOPLE GIVING ME REPORTS ON HOW IT LASTS INC R55RDK AND MY SON WHO IS IN THE ARMY AND DRIVES TO AND FROM WILTSHIRE EVERY WEEKEND 950 MILES AT A TIME . ALL HE DOES IS WASHES WITH COLD WATER AND HIS CAR IS CLEAN LIKE ITS JUST BEEN POLISHED GEO