ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cuts out 4000rpm?

clio 172
I have came across a problem with my car...
when i put the foot down its seems to cut out at 4000rpm whatever gear i am in. after this heppens there is a sheer lack of power coming from the car, its almost like driving a standard 1.1 litre clio. if i stop, turn the engine off then back on it runs ok again until i hit the 4000rpm.
my engine management light also comes on then goes away when i stop and restart the engine.

i took it to a garage and they told me it was my accelarator pedal, because they are electrical...the sensors had slipped off there tracks causing it to only rev so high...i spent £61.50 on a brand new pedal, fitted it and the problem is still there.

before sending it to a garage again i would like to know other peoples thoughts as to what it might be or if anyone is having the same problem?

thankyou

Clio Trophy 182
did you wash the engine in any way. it sounds like its in safety mode. does the light come on on the dash square with zig zag. its nothing got to do with pedal dont waste your money taking it to a garage they dont know. put it on a diagnostic. i few times washed my engine bay (different cars) to get rid of dirt etc and then it goes into safety mode. so i didnt worry cuz i knew it will happen but let it dry take it on a good run turn off then on then all good. at least few days later.

R26
did you get this sorted? my 182 has got this problem atm, i got it from a renault garage with a warranty but just thought id see what you found?

ff 182
had this problem the other week on my clio. had a new pedal fitted but that was only part of it. i had water in my bulk head where the loom goes into the car, had it dryed out and cleaned up been fine since.