ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cutting out, Fast dropping revs - only when running lots of power.

All,

I've got a rather odd fault with the car which i cannot seem to figure out. I've not attempted to change any parts yet because I simply have no idea of what to look for?

I've got a 2002 1.2 clio (Biggest mistake ever) and when I've got everything running as you tend to do this time of year (lights, radio, back mister, and heater on full blast) my revs drop rapidly when the clutch is dropped and it cuts out. Normally the rev needle drops slowly and catches at around 1500 revs and slowly drops to normal idling rate, but this rev dropping can go on for a while while stuck in traffic till the inevitible cut out.

It scared the crap out of me this morning as i was trying to work my way through small gaps in traffic on a rather busy roundabout when I'm suddenly left rolling in the middle of everyone with no power.

This isnt happening all the time, in the past month i would porbably say 4-5 times but I want to figure it out before it gets worse.

My initial thought was the battery as I've noticed that my lights dim slightly when turning the steering wheel or clicking my window switch. I've had my battery tested and been told that its perfectly fine and the alternator is charging it.

Anyone got any ideas?

(Btw i have already cleaned my throttle body after having issues around 6 months ago)