ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cv boots

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Replaced my exhaust gasket and noticed that both cv boots have popped off there not split, can I just fill with grease and stretch back over?

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Should be fine as long as they haven't been like that for ages because if they have, loads of dirt and s**t will have got in and may have knackered the joint itself.

Is it the manifold to cat gasket you did? If so, that's literally how I found my cv boot had split after doing that gasket a week or two ago haha.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Yeah that's how I found out haha! Think it's been like that for a month :/ noticed grease on a wheel thought it was from when the brakes were fitted, I'm still learning about cars so didn't really think lol, there's no knocking or clicking so gunna risk it as I have mot on weds :(

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yeah that's how I found out haha! Think it's been like that for a month :/ noticed grease on a wheel thought it was from when the brakes were fitted, I'm still learning about cars so didn't really think lol, there's no knocking or clicking so gunna risk it as I have mot on weds 😧

I'm same mate, gasket was fiddley as anything to fit, took me ages!

If it's not knocking or clicking it should be alright, @dann2707 was driving round with his split for a while so just wiped all the dirt out of it before fitting a new boot.

Just give it a wipe, stick a load of grease back in and clip it up, jobs a good un.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Replacing cv boots tomorrow now as ones got a slight tear and was held with a tie wrap looked bodged. I meant risk And put grease and boot back on as the drive shafts seem ok, gunna fit lowering springs while its in bits