ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 CV boot, what to order?

G Hut

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, V90 T8
As per title I am after recommendation / advise as part no longer available from Renault and can't see any pattern parts listed on KAM or KTec, what brand CV boot are people fitting?

The O/S outside CV boot has split and I need to replace before it spills even more grease into my brakes, as you can see most of the grease is already out, clean up was atrocious, wheel, arch, brakes bloody everywhere

Thanks

1688738722078.png

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Cheap j&r flexi boot. I've had them on both sides for years.

Just cut off a couple of the ribs first so they don't rub.

G Hut

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, V90 T8
Finally got round to sorting this and thought would post for reference. Garage couldn't get what they thought was a good quality replacement as original part NLA. But did find that a 2015 Mitsubishi L200 boot is an exact fit for a 172 ph1 O/S outer boot, albeit it is brilliant orange 🍊

20230928_194526.jpg

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Mitsubishi > Nissan > Mercedes > Renault parts are compatible on some models. Particularly MK1 & MK2 Clios, as you found out. My son worked at Nissan and said they still use Renault, Mitsubishi and Mercedes parts on modern cars.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I remember on my old Ph1 I needed a CV boot for it. So went to the Ford gargae to order a genuine Renault item - yes the Ford dealership, if you go to the Renault dealership they send you to Ford down the road but if you phone up for parts then you collect from Renault...explain that one. Turns out there were three options with the same part number - all items were slightly different it turns out, like the moulding around the joint was different and scuplted or just a smooth shape. They couldn't tell me which one I needed so had to go on the rubbish exploded drawing as it had a line in it which looked roughly like the one I had on my car.