ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CV Joint

Renaultsport Clio 172
I have been suffering from random wobble and a feeling of skittishness on rough surfaces and a lack of precision (that cornering on rails feeling) in general but especially on bends. I had checked/adjusted balance of all wheels, 4 wheel tracking and shocks for leaks. I thought, tonight, I would rotate the wheels but while doing so noticed that the offside inner cv boot was torn and most of the grease is splattered around. There isnt any on the brake disk, thankfully. Would this cause the wobble and imprecision? How much futher should I drive it as it is booked in tomorrow for a diagnosis (prior to finding the torn boot)? And finally, I accept that the joint is shot, whats the worst that can happen in relation to the joint deteriorating or failing altogether? Obviously I will be driving it very carefully to the dealer!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

RS Clio 200
shouldnt cause a wobble... mine didnt.

if its been like it for a while though it could have damaged the joint which may cause the wobble.

Renaultsport Clio 172
I've had the symptoms for 2 to 3 weeks. After swapping the wheels earlier I went out for fuel, no sign of a wobble, I had had all the wheels supposedly balanced last Saturday. but with the randomness of the wobble it may appear tomorrow on the way to work then the dealer.
The cars done 42k ,04 172