ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cyclone blue 1.2 EXTREME!

Clio 1.2
Hiya all, this isnt going to be much of a project so dont get excited, i just noticed there doesn't appear to be many others in the same colour as this so thought why not. Probably not many others because its 'girly' but over the past 4 months of ownership I've grown to love it!

.... much more than the previous saxo i wrote off within a week of driving!

I've had a browse of the forum to see what style everyone seem's to be going for and there's a lot of 'not low enough' going on lol so i can see mine being hated allready! Its only going down 35mm YO! reason being i ride motocross so it needs to get in and out of bumpy fields and up farmer road! (this also means a tow-bar will be added soon too much to my dis-liking however i can afford two cars!

Anyway I'm 17 now. been driving nearly a year. cars scruffy for its age with a lot of miles on the clock but when i brought it that was reflected in the price.

Aims: clean it up, nothing too major outside and engine mod's on a 1.2 ... really? lol

montage.jpg

HENRY3.jpg

HENRY6.jpg

HENRY5.jpg

and the plan goes a little like this for what i would like it to look like in the future, nothing major but achievable on my budget.

mycliotobe.jpg

Clio 1.2
Re: Nautical blue 1.2 EXTREME!

The only updates i have on this is that the spoiler has been colour coded, eventually when the sun comes out ill be going the bump strips gloss black :).

My sideskirts have also arrive from poland lol, not having much fun fitting them at all!!!

and also my springs arrived. only 35mm I'm afraid lol.

alien green rs133

naughty blue is a lovely colour
18189064a12100519858o.jpg

its hard to tell from your arty pics but it looks like yours is the other rare colour, its slightly green???

Clio 1.2

thanks for the reply, yeah its the other colour slghtly green, ill post an un-edited photo now lol, by the way i read your progress thread and wow to the repair you done on the rear 3/4!!! i didnt even know that was possible!

Clio 1.2

un-edited picture with sideskirt resting (badly) in place lol

DSC09709.jpg

alien green rs133

its amasing how much tlc you can put into a car.
yours looks dandy
and thanks my car has had a lot of tlc, 3 years solid :(

DCi 100

If Hutchie's allowed then so am I...

lIwyG.jpg

Tbh I wouldn't get the rep skirt thingys. I have them on the car from JD (previous owner) had them put on and they're a nightmare having the dude that sprayed them f**k it up. Basically painting over the flexible seal he put between the skirt and the sill so it's now cracked. If your want skirts them go proper full out RS rep. IMO 172 wheels, lowered alittle with RS and colour coded is all I'd do being on a budget.

alien green rs133

pah, no splitter, shite skirt job and fail wings, alex up your game

DCi 100

£1200 to sort it, no thanks. Just going to respray the front bumper.

Plus the cup splitter is in the boot, literally! Just need a jack to be able to put it on.

Clio 1.2

just had a plick through your thrread too alex, car looks amazing as well buddy. sideskirts look fine, i didnt know you could get the sport bumper to fit on standard front wings! pretty cool! good rep's guys :D

DCi 100

Just squeezed basically dude.

Hutchie, that's for Bonnet, Front bumper, Wings, Skirts, doors and 3/4 panels sprayed dude. With skirts/wings/bumper included in that price, maybe 100/150 quid less.

Clio

thats not nautical blue but still nice !

i must post pics up of mine nautical blue is quite rare on here now

Clio 1.2

do you know the actual colour & code for the car? looking to get some paint mixed up but no one seems to know the colour. thanks.

DCi 100

what hutchie said i made my whole rep for about that much

It basically is making a rep all over again but with the doors and 3/4 panels sprayed aswell. Full resprayed excluding Roof/Back end.

Paint code for Naughty is D48, but as said it's not that. Should be on the door sill somewhere in your car.

Clio 1.2

Thanks guys, The one on my door its so rubbed out i cant make it out. but ill find the code for the cyclone blue and see if it looks similar :), thanks all.

Havent touched that car for a while since being back at college.

Clio 1.2

Haven't posted on here in some time, Not a lot done to the car again if im honest. I'll join up as a full member on here so i can have a look around the for sale section for other bits.

so this is what i have done to the car with pictures and captions lol.

considering i was going to leave this car alone i feel little personal touches are coming up that i like.

It started with some carbon fiber roll i had for my motocross bike i wrapped the front and rear badges in this.. (front came out better than rear)

5-1.jpg

Next i got some clear indicators from work, surprised how much they change the front of a car!

IMGP0238copy.jpg

cool picture with my friend on the beach!

IMGP0260copy.jpg

Then i began covering my sunroof in stickers, i may take it all the way over, im unsure as of the moment, i also realize the stickers have been done before :(

Now for the bad update - TOWBAR!! errrghh, i had to get one to tow my motocross bike to the tracks..

DSC09797.jpg

DSC09799.jpg

Then this happened, after and before .... not too low because of where ill be driving the car.

DSC09803.jpg

DSC09820.jpg

meadam-1.jpg

and thats about as exciting as it gets for this car, just subtle stuff for the moment, here's my plans for the wheels..

IMGP0221copy.jpg

possibly a little lighter.

and also i tried to cover my splitter with carbon fiber film... FAIL! check out these bad boy creases!

carfail.jpg

And some cool photos to finish the post off.

DSC09816.jpg

24534_381181601509_622761509_434728.jpg

24534_381181556509_622761509_434727.jpg

24534_381181356509_622761509_434724.jpg

24534_381181336509_622761509_434724.jpg

24534_381181316509_622761509_434724.jpg

24534_381181176509_622761509_434721.jpg

that is all.

More poke than viagr

Best colour there mate, and impressed with photo editinig :)

I started to sticker my sunroof but ran out of stickers lol, never got round to buying anymore to finish it off....

DSC00204.jpg

M135i

Hutchie AND alex both posted pics and i feel left out even if OP doesnt actually have nautical blue, sooo....

DSC02401.jpg

:D

To keep on topic, looks very nice mate, interesting photos and nice subtle mods

Clio 1.2

I need to change the title to 'Cyclone Blue..'

Tom 46, i think i have the same stickers as you too haha, its a good idea it looks quite cool actually, i seen your thread just before i posted my pictures lol.

(dont know if i posted this picture or not lol)

stickers.jpg

tidy car danzoo, i been wondering what the colour has been for some time, i need to get down to renault to find the colour code for my side skirts!

Thanks for the comment tonksy26, your car's amazing!

I only plan on towing the motocross bike with it, its really light anyway, less than having a passenger i expect minus the drag..

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2
Done my handles today, not too bad a job considering i havnt had much experience in doing the likes of this before, few bumps so not perfect...

before:

DSC09839.jpg

After (good one)

DSC09838.jpg

During (the first one i messed up, i re done it after)

DSC09837.jpg

and while on the topic of carbon fiber look things.. my splitter getting scraped lol.

DSC09833.jpg