ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arctic blue 182 overhaul

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Had this for 7 years now, belt snapped over 2 years ago and it sat like this gathering dust until a few weeks ago.

4D02CEB5-B4FE-4E64-95F9-F5DA27304685.jpeg

Got the engine and box out, skimmed the head, replaced all valves etc and every seal where there could be any leakage of fluids.

94E4676E-B53B-4110-BD59-1C5BAE5C52E3.jpeg

Arches are rough so having new ones welded in, bonnet lip and a small patch on a sill as well.

AC7C0BC3-D73D-4E95-8E50-439F31FD6F2B.jpeg

545F8D99-85EA-49D2-BC6D-B1A12BD8537A.jpeg

F5738D85-AE4D-4A73-9B40-07B43F1E789D.jpeg

2998B04F-D8AB-465B-B14B-D5B9647F70E3.jpeg

62CD67F1-4E5F-4698-A408-02B7C960942A.jpeg

Just waiting on it coming back to the yard to get it fully stripped and get everything replaced or refreshed.

Also going for a full respray. Going to keep it blue but fancy a different shade, possibly a flat blue. Appreciate any suggestions ?

Few other things in the pipeline that’ll be revealed as I go 😁

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
That picture is Racing Blue with a filter on it.

If the opportunity arose to change the colour on a 182, I’d go White 💯

The Black splitter, fog lamp surrounds, Silver door bullets, the red in the rear lamps, any wheel colour, all stand out against a White base. I’m sure you’re keeping it long term, but even if you sell it, it’ll fetch a premium in White, providing it’s done right.

It should have been a factory colour for the UK imho.

If you’re going for a non factory Blue, why not go balls out and paint it Performance Blue like the i20/i30 N. That would look amazing.

Looking forward to seeing what you do either way.

IMG_1858.jpeg

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
That picture is Racing Blue with a filter on it.

If the opportunity arose to change the colour on a 182, I’d go White 💯

The Black splitter, fog lamp surrounds, Silver door bullets, the red in the rear lamps, any wheel colour, all stand out against a White base. I’m sure you’re keeping it long term, but even if you sell it, it’ll fetch a premium in White, providing it’s done right.

It should have been a factory colour for the UK imho.

If you’re going for a non factory Blue, why not go balls out and paint it Performance Blue like the i20/i30 N. That would look amazing.

Looking forward to seeing what you do either way.

View attachment 1665207

Yeah this one’s a keeper 👍🏼 Looked at that Hyundai blue but wasn’t so sure.

Didn’t want to go down the route of changing the logbook colour but white definitely has something about it 🧐 Used to love that Honda creamy white shade.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
If you want to keep it blue, have a look at the Elkhart Lake blue that Chevrolet do. Absolutely stunning.

Or how about Mazda Soul red if you want to change it completely? That would look amazing imo

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
If you want to keep it blue, have a look at the Elkhart Lake blue that Chevrolet do. Absolutely stunning.

Or how about Mazda Soul red if you want to change it completely? That would look amazing imo

Decent blue that but if I’m staying with blue i definitely want a flat colour.

Have the ph1 flamer there so wouldn’t be too interested in another maroon shade 👍🏼

If you're changing colour have a look at the Alpine colours, I'd go Garden Green. Proper project though 👍.

Might have went for a green but after seeing that alien green 182 on eBay I think I’ll steer clear 🤢

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Ultra blue from the 225 F1 is a cracking colour. No sparkles but in strong sun it goes from a dark blue to a purpley blue.

Kid in work has a purple civic and I’m never done giving him grief “the purple penetrator” I wouldn’t live it down if I rolled in something similar 🤣

Where did you buy the replacement weld on quarter panel please?

Just got them on eBay mate 👍🏼

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
What are you on about ? It’s easy taking cars apart 😁 I joke, this is my first time doing anything on this scale so no idea what lies in front of me.

Just to make things even more complicated has anyone ever relocated the fuse/relay box away from the engine bay ? Hour wise what would it take and where can it go if possible ?

What’s the cheapest non bodge way of deleting A/C as well ?

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
f**k me lads you aren’t digging this magnolia at all.

Exhaust off, full interior out, bit of rubbing next week and it’s nearly done.

ACAC525C-3648-4E2B-BFB6-D9EC1F2AA4E6.jpeg

ABF1E764-0AC4-473E-ABFC-E14BB33928E0.jpeg

Decent enough looking underneath 🤡

604DFD24-A042-4826-8321-1699E8988D3A.jpeg