ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cylinder fault...

CLIO 182
So the 182 is running lumpy as hell, has been for a while. Plugged it into the code reader and showing a cyclinder four fault. Is it as easy as taking off the fuel rail, taking out injectors 1+4 swapping them over. Grease up Orings, replace fuel rail and then check the code reader again?

Thanks,

CLIO 182
pretty much if you reckon for sure its an injector.

Pretty confident, replaced plugs, leads, had a service etc. Only other thing it could be would be a sensor, but then that'd be above my head and would most likely need to go to a garage...

Coil Pack was also changed.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
sounds like and injector mate, I had 2 go down exactly same. put spares in, fault gone.

I did it old skool way though, check for sooty plug, swap injector, see if sooty-ness follows injector. if it does, injector at fault, if it doesn't, ignition system.

dan's cast offs.
just measure the injector, pretty much waste of time swapping them round. you're looking for 16ohms.

CLIO 182
just measure the injector, pretty much waste of time swapping them round. you're looking for 16ohms.

Stupid question possibly, but how do I measure them (obviously with a multi meter) but does the car need to be started? Does the fuel rail need to be back on?

dan's cast offs.
unplug the injector and just measure across the two terminals. doesn't matter if it's on or off the car.