ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D70???

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Is it worth Buying?
One was for sale in the Others For Sale Section for around £100 for the body, Worth it?

Never owned a DLSR and just want one to play around with the Settings and see if I will actually use a DSLR enough before I go blowing a fortune on an up to date one,

Cheers
Andy.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Any reccomendaions or links to a better deal and a more capable camera without going to expensive??

Ian

Focus TDCi
That's what I was going to recommend, it will be fine for a first SLR; in fact it's the camera that Ben is currently using. It sounds like a decent price as well. :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I think I'll go get the feel for a D40 or is it the 350d is the Cannon version isn't it and see which feels best and then see how much money I get for my Birthday :)

Ian

Focus TDCi
As a Canon owner myself I welcome your willingness to compare the two.. you can't really go wrong with either though, it's 90% down to the person taking the photos. I would give you more advice, but I've never used either camera, or even researched them I'm afraid. Best way is definitely to go and try them out, if you're not sure how to use them properly don't be afraid to ask for help either, they're a bit different to your average point and shoot to begin with!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I've played about with my Bro-In-Laws CAnon 350d and toyed with Shutter Speeds etc. and really enjoyed having all the options and settings available but I never had anything that was challenging to shoot.

honestly not really.

Is it worth Buying?
One was for sale in the Others For Sale Section for around £100 for the body, Worth it?

Never owned a DLSR and just want one to play around with the Settings and see if I will actually use a DSLR enough before I go blowing a fortune on an up to date one,

Cheers
Andy.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Look at a Canon 1000D, they look good for the money, and as above I use a D40 and I think it's amazing, especially for a first dslr.

FF RB 182
What are the restrictions with the D40 regarding lenses? Am I right it thinking that the D40 doesnt work with some lenses.

You have to get lenses which have the focus motor in the lens to use AF. However, any nikon fit lens should work using manual focus, or may need full blown manual mode.

Fiat Panda 100hp
As above, but you will find that most of the better lenses are auto focusing, the only lenses I want are the 50/35/65mm primes.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Look at a Canon 1000D, they look good for the money, and as above I use a D40 and I think it's amazing, especially for a first dslr.

Fair bit of money though for me as I starter camera anyway.... D40 with 1 lens new is £230 and 1000d is like £380 from what i found so £150 more :(

Fiat Panda 100hp
Fair bit of money though for me as I starter camera anyway.... D40 with 1 lens new is £230 and 1000d is like £380 from what i found so £150 more :(

Sorry, didn't look at the prices tbh, just know the 1000d is meant to be quite a good starter cam.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Does sound good but I'm just so unsure if I will really use a DSLR that much so happy to pay about £250 for a Body and a Basic 18-55mm lens but anthing over that is going a bit far for me as a practice/tester cam.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I wouldn't buy off Ebay but its just the easiest place to search for a guide price :)

306 GTi-6
A D70 is a great camera, with drive motor on the body (I believe).

However, once you factor in the cost of lens, you wont be far off the cost of a new D40(x) etc.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yeah I think I'll just go for a New D40/350d with a Lens for say £240