ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DA and Swirl marks help/recommendations

Right as some of you know I've caught the detailing bug and spent a small fortune on shampoos waxs sealeants clay glaze towels brushes and loads of other stuff etc etc.

Problem owning a black car is the swirl marks. They're all over it. Now I know the basics of how to avoid as much as I can creating swirls of how I wash etc but I think the paint needs to be "cut"?

I borrowed one of my brothers buffers but I'd rather buy my own so I'll look into that myself.

Question is:

What's pads do I need for "cutting" the paint and what products?

I know there's a light medium and heavy cut but which is best suited for a black 182?

I'm talking plenty of light generic swirls all over the place in sunlight so would a light cut suffice for that?

any info on the light medium and heavy cuts would be great. Only really know of "menzerna"? Polishes/cuts.

Because I'm Sherlock I'm guessing the cut removes a minuscule layer of paint to remove the swirls?
If so its probably best to rarely ever "cut" right?

Cheers :)

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I used a Das 6 Pro and went for -
•Hexlogic White Pad
•Hexlogic Green Pad
•Hexlogic Orange Pad
with
•Menz PO106FA
•Menz PO203s
•Menz FG400

Po203s & a green pad pretty much sorted my paint out in one stage excluding a few heavier marks.